Author Topic: Collinwood should be on MapQuest!  (Read 3841 times)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Collinwood should be on MapQuest!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »
Yes, I noticed that too, Pansity. I've been keeping a keen eye to watch and see what sets turn into what sets once we don't see them anymore. Of course there are obvious ones like Angelique and Sky's house turns into the PT room--and wasn't it used for something else too?

There was one set that I noticed the other day that had been used a while back (I'm now in the Leviathan storyline) and then it reappeared, but I don't remember what it is. Gosh, I'm having a brain fart this morning!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 04:08:10 PM »
Yes, I noticed that too, Pansity. I've been keeping a keen eye to watch and see what sets turn into what sets once we don't see them anymore.

There's one set they used for a lot of different locales that I noticed too.  Barnabas's room in 1795 is also Roger's office at the Cannery.  I *think* it's also used for both Jeff Clarke's rooming house room and the room where [spoiler]Bruno holds Chris and Sabrina captive during Leviathan.[/spoiler]

[santa_cool]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 02:31:31 AM »
Cool, Buzz and Brandon.  I haven't seen the Barnabas eps forward since the last go thru on Sciffi -- until lately.  Took advantage of being home with the bronchitis wannabee by lying there woozy from cold meds and watching dvd sets 1 onward (I'm up to disk one of set 5 now).  I also noticed on this go round that Jason McGuire's room was also the same study set.

Just starting 1795 now so will keep eyes peeled for the sets you mentioned.  Right now I am gritting my teeth as Vicky fails to GET it after misidentifying person after person and STILL won't keep quiet about what she thinks.  [santa_lipsrsealed] [santa_huh]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 12:12:32 AM »
interesting.

i never noticed that sky and angelique's house was the parallel time room before and i know the sets(room "twenty four" being a personal favorite).i remember thinking at the time that it was a rather elaborate set for only being used a few times.i think it gets tricked-out yet again as sebastian shaw's place.

i never saw the resemblence between the study and quentin's room though.quentin's room seemed bigger to me.i do seem to recall it being used as a bedroom for jason and/or willie during that storyline.the study does reappear a few times after the 1897 storyline.i remember liz reading there during the leviathan story and i think quentin unboxes maggie's portrait there during parallel time.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006, 01:09:12 PM »
i never saw the resemblence between the study and quentin's room though.quentin's room seemed bigger to me.i do seem to recall it being used as a bedroom for jason and/or willie during that storyline.the study does reappear a few times after the 1897 storyline.i remember liz reading there during the leviathan story and i think quentin unboxes maggie's portrait there during parallel time.

The reason I drew the conclusion about it being Quentin's room (or more to the point the one room we saw which had to have been the study of a suite or rooms, given there was no bed.  Even peripatetic rakes need to sleep sometime!  [lghy]) was the spacial relationships:  angle of entry door to fireplace, shape size and location of windows, certain furniture.  You're probably right about a size difference.  That would make sense, given the difference between what would have been just a guest bedroom and what, given what we were told about the West Wing being a self sufficient unit, what was probably the Master bedroom suite of the West Wing.  I wouldnt think that that would have been hard for them to arrange, given how most stage sets are made.

Oh and on a similar note, I am watching 1795 and am up to [spoiler]Jeremiah and Josette's elopement.  Got a two for one in the room (presumably in an inn) where they spent their wedding night.[/spoiler]  Not only does their bed have the SAME lacy frilly canopy that seems so out of place on Jeremiah's bed in the Old House -- but the AFGHAN IS ON IT.  [8_2_59]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 10:32:02 PM »
I believe that there are 4 cemetaries in Collinwood. Eagle Hill, Old Eagle Hill, the Collins Cemetary and Stanhope. I  recall something to the effect that Liz instructed that the Stoddard Mauleum be built near the Collins Tomb.  I recall the old caretaker talked about how the Collins Tomb was near the edge of the Eagle Hill Cemetary.  I think it was once part of the Collins Cemetary but the boundaries became muddled over time. The road leading to the cemetaries (except for Stanhope) was off of Shore Rd.  Rockport was 7 miles from Collinsport and Logansport was 10 miles away.  I always thought that Prof Stokes lived in Rockport.  Angelique and Sky lived on Little Windward Island which was about 50 miles off shore from Collinsport.  A lot of the big old estates in England contained private chapels.  I can imagine that the Old House contained one as well as Collinwood.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 10:57:28 PM »
I always thought that Prof Stokes lived in Rockport. 

Indeed, I believe he did live in Rockport.  I seem to recall Julia mentioning that in one episode.

[8_2_81]
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:01 AM »
Indeed, I believe he did live in Rockport.  I seem to recall Julia mentioning that in one episode.
I remember that, but I also remember someone saying at another time that Professor Stokes lived on Such-and-Such Road, in a way that suggested that he lived in Collinsport but well away from the center of town.  It seems to me that this was said to Julia, who responded, "Oh, yes, I know the road."

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 07:02:50 AM »
I've been keeping a keen eye to watch and see what sets turn into what sets once we don't see them anymore. Of course there are obvious ones like Angelique and Sky's house turns into the PT room--and wasn't it used for something else too?

I just caught that, Brandon.  Just watching the end of Leviathan for the first time in YEARS.  Sky and Angelique's house and the parallel time room--no real attempt to disguise the set at all.  Same rose wallpaper, rose curtains, same candle sconces on the walls, same little nook to the left of the double doors.  Of course, with the new action, I don't think anybody would have picked up on that the first time around, in the beginning anyway.  Too busy trying to figure out the new storyline.  Except, oh.  Right.  [spoiler]It's Rebecca.[/spoiler]  LOL!

Judy
[angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 02:50:16 PM »
Willie's sick room was the study. How about the dressing screen that was in the study. did someone forget to remove it.  ^-^
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate