Author Topic: Who else likes the 1960's/1970's better than the Time Travelling?  (Read 2646 times)

Offline Sunny_Collins

• Senior Poster
  • True devotion! I love, love, love dear Barnabas!
    • View Profile
Re: Who else likes the 1960's/1970's better than the Time Travelling?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2006, 02:55:22 AM »
1897 was a great storyline but it was 8 months long and I couldnt wait for the show to return to the present. You could plainly see they were stretching things out by using the "I Ching" as a plot itself. I would rather have the climax be where

[spoiler]The death of Quentin is prevented and David is released from Quentin's ghost. Though it would mean there being no Petofi to the story. Barnabas was the show's hero, he should have been the one to stop Beth from shooting Quentin.[/spoiler]

If they did want to do a third time travel story they should have waited a year or more to pass as they did from 1795 to 1897.

I agree with you, Joeytrom. 1897 lasted just a bit too long and I was glad when it was over.

Also, it got rather tiring to see Barnabas yet again obsessed with another reincarnation of Josette, first with Rachael Drummond, then with lady Kitty.

When Julia came to 1897, she should have just told Barnabas to get over Josette once and for all!

I also think they should have waited about a year to do more time traveling. It seemed as though we're getting bombarded by time jumps, and the novelty starts wearing off.

Just my opinion though.
Barnabas to little Sarah's ghost: "I forbid you to leave! I beg you to stay!"

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 03:51:58 PM »
I feel that Frid seems extremely comfortable in the 1795 story.  His Shakesperean background probably made him at ease with the historical part, 1795 clothing and elegant dialogue

ITA w/this.  I also feel that not having to play the vampire, which we all know he hated, and the fact that he was nearing the end of his first year on the show and thus was more comfortable in front of the cameras, played a part in his 'ease on screen' during 1795.

1795 runs along just fine and smooth.

It does, until [spoiler]they start focusing TOO much on Millicent and Nathan.  Who the hell cared about those two idiots?  And when did Nathan get to be such a scumbag?  He was initally a true friend to both Barnabas and Vicki and then suddenly, w/out warning, he's a total jackass!  That made sense....NOT!   [/spoiler] 

::)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Alondra

• Senior Poster
  • Dark Shadows Forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 03:42:41 AM »
I like both the past and present storylines, along with parallel time. The only thing that I did find a bit boring (twice!) was the lead up to the 1897 and 1840 storylines respectively. Those parts seemed to drag a bit for me. And they were both so similar [spoiler]David and Amy and then David and Hallie coming under the control of a male and female ghost, with the male being the more malevolent of the two.[/spoiler] Once they were actually in those past storylines it was great. I loved the old fashioned hairstyles and clothes.

Alondra

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 10:37:50 AM »
Adored 1795. Like 1897, but too long,( don't think they had come up with something yet to do and they wanted to milk it.)  The only thing I like about the travel in time, was Julia and Barn running around handling things. I think that they started running out of family to correct. They would start running into each other.  ;D

Though I did like 1995, Just Julia and Barn the chemistry was great. They seamed like they had time to work together and depend on each other.  ;D no SYT's getting in the way.

I quess you guys know where I'm coming from.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate