DARK SHADOWS FORUMS
General Discussions => Current Talk Archive => Current Talk '26 I => Current Talk '03 I => Topic started by: murph on February 05, 2003, 03:36:31 AM
-
Maybe it's just me but I am FED UP with the commercials during "Dark Shadows" for the new show on SciFi called "Dream Team" or something to that effect.
Personally, the "Dream Team" looks totally worthless. Gee do you think a "few" people might make up dreams they never had just to get their face on TV. I can't imagine the people that watch "Dark Shadows" would waste their time on the "Dream Team". Obviously the advertisers think so or they wouldn't promote it so heavily during "Dark Shadows".
I admit I haven't watched the show but the ads to me are a complete turnoff. It's one of the few times I'm sure it would only be even worse than I imagined if I decided to waste my time and watch it.
What do the rest of you think? For all I know several of you have watched and enjoyed it. If so, I would be interested in hearing from you what you like about it.
Thanks,
Murph
-
Murph,
The "Dream Team" seems to me to be something like "One Step Beyond" meets "The Love Connection." Yeah, all they need now is to get the smarmy Chuck Woolery to host the show.
And, as to one of the show's current co-hosts, Annabelle Gurwitch, well, as the diehard Flatbush fans said of their beloved team (which, broke their hearts when the team moved to Los Angeles, although Midnite was undoubtedly delighted by that move), "them Dodgers, they shoulda stood in Brooklyn!" or, in this case, "that Annabelle Gurwitch, she shoulda stood on TBS' 'Dinner and a Movie!'"
By the way, wouldn't it be fun to see such Dark Shadows favorites as Willie Loomis, Julia Hoffman or the irrepressible Jeff Clark relate their terrifying remembrances of Angelique's dream curse on the show?
I can just see Jeff, ranting and raving, grabbing his perfectly coifed hair as he hits on Ms. Gurwitch for a date at the Blue Whale Tavern.
Bob the Bartender, who asks the question: Which is a more terrible nightmare, one involving Freddy Kruger or one involving that gray-haired Harpo Marx lookalike, Victor Fenn-Gibbon?
-
Murph Wrote:
Maybe it's just me but I am FED UP with the commercials during "Dark Shadows" for the new show on SciFi called "Dream Team" or something to that effect.
If you think that's bad you should see how many times they advertize this at night! This has got to be the most stupidest show that I've seen them come up with. I've never watched it but just seeing the commercials for it is enough to turn you off.
Cassandra[/font]
-
I'm with you murph next it'll be former Jerry springer
guests on stating their dreams(another reason to look twice at cloning the whole human heehee) stupid show is righr!
jennifer
-
Well, dreams have played an important part in some DS storylines. (DReam Curse??) Maybe the powers that be decided to work that scene!
Misty
-
Thank god it's not just me. I am so glad I have Tivo so I can zip past these commercials. They're getting as bad as the Dell kid.
The thing that disturbs me most about this show is that the guy host looks just like my weasel boss! <shudder>
-
I tape "Dark Shadows" so I usually catch just the first part of the commercial because It's usually the very first commercial during the break. When I see it I quickly grab the remote to fast forward the tape until the commercials are over. Speaking of the Dell commercials I actually found "Steven" a lot less annoying than the "interns" that are on now. But even the "interns" are no where near as annoying as the "Dream Team" commercials. IMO
Murph
-
I tape "Dark Shadows" so I usually catch just the first part of the commercial because It's usually the very first commercial during the break. When I see it I quickly grab the remote to fast forward the tape until the commercials are over. Speaking of the Dell commercials I actually found "Steven" a lot less annoying than the "interns" that are on now. But even the "interns" are no where near as annoying as the "Dream Team" commercials. IMO
Murph
maybe it is because there are more of them!
jennifer
-
Agh! Those darned Dell Computer interns and their "illegitimate" father, "Smiling" Steve, the so-called Dell Computer Dude.
Didn't some pain-in-the-arse open up this Pandora's box-like discussion of exasperating, cockamamie computer commercials a while back?
Bob the Bartender, who longs for the good, old days of Mr. Whipple (and his squeezing, "sensory-deprived" fingers) and Rosie the waitress (and her quicker-picker upper paper towels).
-
Speaking of the Dell commercials I actually found "Steven" a lot less annoying than the "interns" that are on now. But even the "interns" are no where near as annoying as the "Dream Team" commercials. IMO
Murph
Murph...what I find annoying is on those commercials, they're assembling the 'puters...hello, when I just bought a Dell, big sticker on bottom says:
[size=8]MADE IN CHINA[/size]
(that's annoying!!)
Patti
(who likes Annabeth) :)