Author Topic: Dark Shadows first to view Reality TV  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows first to view Reality TV
« on: July 25, 2003, 04:14:51 AM »
O.K.  a little bored tonight so crazy ideas pop into my mind.

The Collins have no TV {that we know about} so what do they do for entertainment go to the Parrell Time Room.   They then set up chairs and watch.  Placing bets on what there counter parts will do, what choices they will make.

RT Quentin screems at PT Quentin  "NO, NO not that ugly plaid jacket with blue pants. Are you color blind?"

Julia shakes her head and thinks thank god I went to med school.

Liz can't understand how she could have married Paul Stoddard in two time bands.

Carolyn looks at Willie in a new light.

Willie looks at Carolyn in a new light.

Roger is glad that he chooses brandy in all time bands

Maggie wishes she had a sister.  And wants to slap her counter part for putting up with that sh**.

David wants to share with Daniel some good tricks to play on other members of his family.  Also wonders why he didn't get the same name or father.

Amy thinks her counterpart is boring.

Prof. Stokes wonders about growing a mustache.

Who knew that the Collins found reality TV 30 some odd years before the rest of America.  Now if only they had kept that secret.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Dark Shadows first to view Reality TV
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 04:20:45 AM »
 [clap]  Brava, Birdie!!  Hilarious....I love it!!
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 04:54:51 AM »
Very funny, Birdie!  The last time around someone posted some stories on the DS Lighter Board with them all sitting there and watching things.  They were hilarious.  I don't know if those boards would still be around or not.
Josette

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 08:23:43 AM »
LOL!!! Birdie, I loved it!  These were priceless!!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 09:55:51 AM »
Well done, Birdie, and thanks for giving me a good laugh on this humid Friday morning.

It's always good to laugh!

Love, Robin

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 02:28:18 PM »
Outstanding, Birdie!  That was hillarious!

Gerard

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 03:47:07 PM »
Birdie,

Kudos to you!  A comedic  tour de force!  I particularly enjoyed RT Quentin's sartorial comments on his PT counterpart's "taste" in clothes.

I wonder what RT Bruno (if he were still alive) would have to say about his PT counterpart?

Bob the Bartender

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 04:13:00 PM »
I wonder what RT Bruno (if he were still alive) would have to say about his PT counterpart?

"Far Out, man, where'd you get those groovy threads?!"
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 06:40:29 PM »
 [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello]

You get a A+.

[hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello] [hello]
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2003, 03:16:53 AM »
     "Far Out, man, where'd you get those groovy threads?!"

Exactly! [lghy]

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 05:40:05 PM »
RT Bruno to PT Bruno I know some great volumizing shampoo.

Birdie--could not resist
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

LorraineAAB

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2003, 09:38:51 PM »
It makes ME wonder if there was a Burke Devlin in PT who played around with Angelique prior to her (teenaged!) marriage.  Or maybe her dirty step-daddy Tim Stokes ?

Because just like David in RT, supposedly the product of two blue-eyed people, THIS edition, also supposedly the issue of two MORE blue-eyed devils, also has dark brown eyes!

I KNOW we MUST have a genetic expert here who could explain how two blue-eyed recessives could produce a brown-eyed dominant trait without the "friendly interference" of an equally dark-eyed partner.  Don't we?

Of course, this wasn't noticeable in 1967 when the show was B&W, but it became pretty obvious with color added, and they were in the 1897 Edward vs. Laura era.

And certainly, not many people back then were likely to know enough basic genetics to care about this detail.

Though it's kind of funny when brown-eyed 1795 Daniel grows into Blue-eyed 1840 Daniel--- what, did his eye color fade THAT MUCH with age and madness?

Now, how's THAT for DS nit-picking?

Luv. L.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 10:44:01 PM »
O.K.  a little bored tonight so crazy ideas pop into my mind.

The Collins have no TV {that we know about} so what do they do for entertainment go to the Parrell Time Room.   They than set up chairs and watch.  Placing bets on what there counter parts will do, what choices they will make.

RT Quentin screems at PT Quentin  "NO, NO not that ugly plaid jacket with blue pants. Are you color blind?"

Julia shakes her head and thinks thank god I went to med school.

Liz can't understand how she could have married Paul Stoddard in two time bands.

Carolyn looks at Willie in a new light.

Willie looks at Carolyn in a new light.

Roger is glad that he chooses brandy in all time bands

Maggie wishes she had a sister.  And wants to slap her counter part for putting up with that sh**.

David wants to share with Daniel some good tricks to play on other members of his family.  Also wonders why he didn't get the same name or father.

Amy thinks her counterpart is boring.

Prof. Stokes wonders about growing a mustache.

Who knew that the Collins found reality TV 30 some odd years before the rest of America.  Now if only they had kept that secret.

Birdie,

Your scenario of RT Liz, Roger, et al, sitting in the hallway and enjoying the PT "show" in Angelique's room is truly inspired genius!  You could possibly call it "The Collinses: Portrait of a Parallel Time American Family," much like the 1970s breakthrough PBS program, "The Louds: Portrait of an American Family."

No doubt, Liz and Roger would have the finest Lazy Boy leather recliners (which both Willie Loomis and Harry Johnson had to haul up into the East Wing with much difficulty) positioned with side tables right in front of the PT doorway.

Can you imagine if while Liz and Roger were enjoying the "show," PT Angelique just happened to be "entertaining" Bruno Hess, Damien Edwards or Mr. Trask (take your pick!) in her room, and Roger turned to his sister, saying: "Liz, this tableau reminds me of that drolly amusing British bedroom farce we saw last year on Broadway."?

And what of poor Mrs. Johnson, schlepping drinks and refreshments all the way from the first floor kitchen up to that dusty and dimly-lit East Wing corridor?  "Here's your cup of tea, Mrs. Stoddard.  And, I apologize, Mr. Collins.  I'll remember to 'supersize' your snifter of brandy on my next trip up to the East Wing." (And under Mrs. Johnson's breath, as she departs, she whispers to herself, "You drunken pain in my @ss!")

Bob the Bartender, who wonders if they happened to have a "water closet," conveniently located near the Parallel Time room?