Author Topic: Anna--- Free as the Wind  (Read 1116 times)

LorraineAAB

Anna--- Free as the Wind
« on: December 13, 2003, 04:43:13 AM »
I regret to inform everyone here that Anna did pass away on December 1, 2003.  Though a week before she was quite cheerful--- almost like her old self--- and even  hoping to try a new therapy for her legs if she survived the surgery--- she fell into very poor condition that last weekend.
Even so, the surgery was tried.  She did not wake up.

I did not hear about this until this past Sunday night, when I called.  Her parents also e-mailed to thank me for forwarding all your good wishes, which I had assembled into an HTML page and which Anna DID see before she fell ill again.  Anna's mother re-affirmed that attending the DS events, and meeting you all and the actors brought her the greatest joy she knew in her situation (though every trip was fraught with complications.)

Anna leaves her mother, stepfather, daughter, grand-daughter, and son-in-law.  She was young to be a grandmother, but was glad that there would be a step into the future, and that she knew it before her untimely passing.

She actually worried that nobody's holiday be made sad by news of her death, but this has been a difficult season for many people for many reasons.  I think of how it will be for her parents this Christmas--- she
was difficult to care for, but she WAS beloved, and her mother will miss her company, as Anna's daughter lives on the Continent.

However, for what it's worth, Anna lived quite a full and interesting life, and is no longer suffering.  I am sorry that I did not have a chance to know her better, under better circumstances.  I will miss her next year, especially as she did enjoy Lyndhurst a great deal, particularly in the autumn when the "alternate" events took place.

If anyone wishes to send any further messages of sympathy to her family, please e-mail me directly at aquilablanco@erols.com

Lorraine

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re:Anna--- Free as the Wind
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 05:06:50 AM »
Gee, I'm sorry to hear this. I didn't know Anna well - I only met/spoke with her briefly at the 2001 Fest - but she came across as a really warm and wonderful person. Fandom will miss her. And I'd like to extend my deepest sympathies to her family and friends.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 06:13:20 AM »
Your post is a very touching tribute, Lorraine.  I'm sure her family would appreciate reading it, too.

-Vlad

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2003, 07:54:55 AM »
I'm very sorry to learn that we'll never see Anna at a Fest again, but at the same time, I'm glad to know that she's now at peace.

Lorraine, you've been very sweet to keep us all updated; thank you.

ProfStokes

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 02:18:23 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Anna, but glad she's now free of pain.  I'd like to extend my sincerest condolences to her family.

Love, Robin

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 09:30:35 PM »
My thoughts are with Anna's family. She touched many lives it seems. Somehow I find comfort in thinking she is up there somewhere attending a fest with Joan,Grayson and many other Dark Shadows friends and family who have also passed on. I wish her peace.
Teresa
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 03:53:03 AM »
Anna was a sweet person, I remember sitting with her at the Dark Shadows Festival in the front row a couple of times, she was nice to talk to and had a lovely smile. She's in the background of some of the photos on my Cheryl's Dark Shadows Website, and in some of the Fest videos I have, during the Q & A sessions. My mother met her too when she went to the Fest with me. 20% chance for survival of the surgery on December 1st was not much. I wish her peace as she's at rest now, she will be missed. Her family has my sympathy.   
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan