Author Topic: Boris Karloff Presents Thriller Comes to DVD--Diana Millay a guest star  (Read 693 times)

David

The entire two season series comes to DVD at the end of this month in a deluxe box set.
Diana Millay stars in the episode Man in a Cage.

"As Sure As My Name is Boris Karloff
This is a Thriller........."

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Boris Karloff Presents Thriller Comes to DVD--Diana Millay a guest star
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 03:26:47 AM »
Here in Chicago, we have a pair of terrific classic television stations that continually air an array of comedy and drama reruns, including many from the '50s and '60s that seldom get aired.  I happened to catch an episode of "Father Knows Best" in which oldest sister Betty (Elinor Donahue) is about to date the recent ex of one of her gal-pals, Diane.  The guy had broken up with Diane because she was always bossing him around.  In the end, however, Betty gets the two back together.

There was something familiar about the actress playing Diane, but I had never seen her as a college-age schoolgirl, so it was hard to place her.  I couldn't summon the actress' name until I recognized it in the credits: Diana Millay!  Imagine that.  She was playing someone so . . . normal! 

I then began fantasizing how the episode might have turned out, had Diana burned the Anderson house down to a rubble.   [ghost_closedeyes]  Or why not have David Collins and Amy Jennings visit Princess, Bud, and Kitten???  [ghost_grin]

Ben

David

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 04:20:49 AM »
Those stations got press coverage because they were so sucessfull. Here in SF, KOFY TV 20 added retro programming part time because of those wonderful stations you get.

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:49:58 AM »
i can get wgn from chicago here in los angeles on time warner cable. i think diana millay was also on an episode of dobie gillis.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
I am so getting this. Thank you so much for the heads up.

Years ago, BC (before cable), there was this rinky dink TV station in Worcester that ran Thriller. I was hooked. It came out on video some time ago, but I don't think they did the whole series. This is truly an exceptional show. Very good stories.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 08:45:06 PM »
Looking forward to getting this set, most likely when the cost goes down a bit. 108 bucks is a bit steep even for all those features IMO.