Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #1047  (Read 911 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #1047
« on: August 05, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #1047
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 11:23:36 PM »
Carolyn: “Are you going out on another of your adventures to rid Collinwood of the evil of Angelique?”
Barn: I'm doing everything I can.”
Carolyn: “Don't you think you've done enough?”

I love it.

Carolyn: “You're protected by my indifference!”

Watching this scene, I wonder if she would have gotten away with saying that to 1967 Barnabas.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:04:42 AM »
Apparently the influence on a vampire victim fades to nothing over time, or the writers forgot that Carolyn was bitten too, not just Will.  You got me wondering about RT Carolyn uttering that line, Janet.  I don't know.   I do remember it was satisfying when Julia started finding ways to defy Barnabas in 1968 right after 1795, where retaliation would have meant self-exposure on his part.

And now, another episode of Roxanne, Nightie Wanderer.   Good dialogue, especially from Carolyn, but Tim too.  To Barnabas:  "DO you have a... girl somewhere?"   Heh heh. 

Claude North: 1814-1866.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 09:37:00 AM »
I watched the TV show Benson a couple of times, and I remember once Benson was pretending at a party to be some African dignitary who was to be the target of an assassination attempt.  His employer said to him, solicitously, "Benson, be careful."  Benson answered, in proper Robert Guillaume fashion, "There's a thought."  That pops into my mind whenever Barnabas tells Julia to be careful - as he has done twice since she arrived in parallel time.  Good heavens, does he think she's going to stand at the top of stairs at Collinwood and shout, "Hey, everybody, I'm a doctor from parallel time and I'm handing out free sedatives!"?  But today she seemed quite grateful for his concern, as well she might be, because that's all she's ever going to get from him.

Today I really felt it would be a mercy to Carolyn if Barnabas bit her again.  At least then she wouldn't care about Will's death so much, and by the time the psychological effects wore off, time might have dulled the pain.

If Claude North has a tombstone saying he died in 1866, then I say he's a vampire.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
I just think Barnabas truly worries about Julia and loves her (down deep though he wouldn't admit it) and that is why he is constantly saying things such as this. Remember the episode early on in 1968 when Tom was menacing her and Good ole Willie made him admit he cared for her? In that moment I loved Willie sticking it to him.

Love the opening shot of the tower room with the strange angle!

"What if I have another (POW!!!) plan!"  What a loud noise!  

It truly looks as if it is night time; good job on the lighting guys.

I just cannot figure out what is up with this Claude North person?  It is truly baffling for me!

After the line "far beyond the ordinary." there seems to be a cut for some reason.

I love the shot of Carolyn running up the steps of Collinwood.

Once again NB turned in a fine performance! She is knocking it out of the park everyday. I wish Daytime Emmy's were around then.

I am shocked that Dan payed for three minutes of David Selby. This must be a record!

The fog is sure rolling in the window!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 06:43:38 PM »
Two more odd voiceover promos:

"...In the secret room at Collinwood, Barnabas and Carolyn look for the strange girl who disappeared, today at four, three o'clock central on Dark Shadows..."

"...Stay tuned for a meeting in the secret room between Carolyn and Barnabas on ABC's Dark Shadows..."

Barnabas was in two different secret rooms in this ep: the one behind the bookcase in the Old House's drawing room, and the one in the mausoleum - but Carolyn wasn't with him in either.  [hdscrt]  More hallucinations by the promo department? Another example of a script being changed after the promo copy was already written? Or another example of someone who had no idea how to do their job?  [idontknow]