Author Topic: DS DVD Calculations  (Read 817 times)

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
DS DVD Calculations
« on: February 26, 2006, 07:36:12 PM »
I was sitting here this morning thinking of putting in a pre-order for the next DS DVD collection and started wondering how many more of these there will be. I thought someone out there MUST know the answer to this burning (as in burning a hole in my wallet/bank account) question.

From what I gather, there are 1,245 eps.  Divide that by 40 per set and you get between 31 & 32 collections. However, I'm not sure how many of the 1,245 fall into the pre-Barnabas not yet on DVD category (seems I heard they would follow eventually though).  Also, I'm not even sure that my 1,245 eps. count is correct for that matter.

I'm thinking there will be about 7-10 more sets.  Does anyone have a better idea?
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad

Offline AKA Laura's Fires

• Junior Poster
  • I see Shadows People...
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows @ FashionState.com!
Re: DS DVD Calculations
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 08:29:22 PM »
The DVD series starts with episode 210 - Willie breaks into the mausoleum, finds the secret room, opens the lid to the coffin, and...GAAAACK!

Also, from what I was led to understand the show was pre-empted about 20 times.  However, it seems that a scheduled broadcast day counted as an episode, even if there was nothing shown.  So I believe the total number of actual episodes is 1225 or thereabouts.

(Hardcore DS aficionados, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm not a be-all and end-all of knowledge about the program, I just know what I've liked for nearly 40 years.  ;) )
Remember...only YOU can prevent Laura's fires. - Smokey the Bear

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 08:35:46 PM »
By my calculations, volumes 24 and 25 will have 40 episodes each, leaving approximately 20 episodes for volume 26, which would be the last volume of Barnabas-era episodes.  I suspect that MPI will release the pre-Barnabas episodes the way they did on VHS, with separately numbered volumes.

Offline CastleBee

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 10:09:53 PM »
Thanks - this information will help in my decision as to whether or not to remortgage the house in order to complete my collection.

And they thought people at Collinwood were dangerously obsessed.[joker]
“There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery." ~ Joseph Conrad