Author Topic: Criseyde's David Selby Site Update 1-12-06  (Read 1333 times)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
Criseyde's David Selby Site Update 1-12-06
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »
Some of this may have been mentioned in separate threads, so apologies for repeated information. I've updated my David Selby site to include the following:

• Information about the DVD release of the first season of Police Woman. David Selby appears as Nate Fesler in the episode "No Place to Hide." Screen captures are available on the site. (Lara Parker also appears in an episode in this collection.)
  • Information about the first Region 1 (U.S./Canada) DVD release of Raise the Titanic, the 1980 film based on the Clive Cussler novel starring Jason Robards, Richard Jordan, David Selby, Anne Archer, and Alec Guinness. Screen captures and production stills are available on the site.
  • Information about the DVD release of the third season of The Waltons. David Selby appears as art teacher Joshua Williams in the episode "The Romance." A link to screen captures from this episode is included. (Kathy Cody appeared in the following week's episode.)
  • A link to the official Spin web site. David Selby appears in this film as record company owner Rob Polan. Filming wrapped in December, and the final product should be ready by the spring. The site features images and a preliminary version of a trailer. David can be seen in both the images and the trailer.

All new material is accessible via the "What's New" page of the site:

http://www.ldrweb.com/davidselby

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Criseyde's David Selby Site Update 1-12-06
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 09:06:44 PM »
[li]A link to the official Spin web site. David Selby appears in this film as record company owner Rob Polan. Filming wrapped in December, and the final product should be ready by the spring. The site features images and a preliminary version of a trailer. David can be seen in both the images and the trailer.[/li]
[/list]

I'm waiting while the trailer downloads.  And that's low resolution using DSL.  Anyway, so it's listed on the California Film Industry's site and is about the Miami Latin music scene?  Hmm.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised after learning that one of the exotic locales in the first season of his "Soldier of Fortune" was actually my neighborhood with a lot of palm trees brought in.   ^-^

Thank you for the info!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 09:14:10 PM »
I'm waiting while the trailer downloads.

Well that was worth the wait.  The movie looks hot.  I loved Selby as yachtsman.  :D

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 08:21:45 AM »
Anyway, so it's listed on the California Film Industry's site and is about the Miami Latin music scene?  Hmm.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised after learning that one of the exotic locales in the first season of his "Soldier of Fortune" was actually my neighborhood with a lot of palm trees brought in.

Rub it in.  ;D

There were some casting calls and other notices for this film in the Miami area, so I guess maybe they filmed part of it there, but I'm pretty sure that all of Selby's scenes were shot in California.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2006, 04:07:19 AM »
This isn't a major site update, so I won't bother creating another thread, but I've just added information to the site about some Selby movies that are available for free via streaming Windows Media Player video from CinemaNow. The films are King of the Olympics and Headless Body in Topless Bar.

King of the Olympics actually aired as a miniseries. It was released on video overseas, but not in the U.S. Selby plays the lead role as Avery Brundage. The film concludes with the personal aftermath of Brundage's widely criticized handling of the Munich games following the attack on Israeli athletes. These events are getting renewed attention via Spielberg's latest film, Munich.

Full details and links are posted on the News page of my site:

http://www.ldrweb.com/davidselby

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 09:12:06 AM »
Well that was worth the wait.  The movie looks hot.  I loved Selby as yachtsman.  :D

You would love him as a sheepherder from Albania. Admit it.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 06:18:53 AM »
I loved Selby as yachtsman.  :D

They've added more production stills since I initially posted the link, including a close-up of Selby in his shades and another of Commodore Selby.  :-*

The trailer is also available now in Windows Media Player format. It's supposed to load faster, but it's an 11.9 MB file, so not very dial-up friendly.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 07:17:34 PM »
They've added more production stills since I initially posted the link, including a close-up of Selby in his shades
A larger version of this photo was added this week to DavidSelby.com. (By the way, if you want to receive an email notice whenever there is new material on the official Selby site, visit the Welcome page, scroll to the bottom, and subscribe to the FeedBlitz email updates.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 08:13:31 PM »
OH MY GOD.

[tongue3]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 10:32:29 PM »
Enjoyed seeing the My Life In Pics pics again.  He sure was a cutie, still is!  Hubba-hubba!  And such a SWEETIE too. ;)
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"