Author Topic: Unseen at Collinwood  (Read 1093 times)

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Unseen at Collinwood
« on: October 11, 2002, 07:47:50 PM »
I intended to bring this up the other day, but forgot until last night when I noticed someone again mentioning the lack of bathrooms at Collinwood.

I knew there was at least one time, perhaps a couple when there WAS an indication of their existence.  The other day when David returned to his room to find Maggie waiting for him, his initial explanation was that he had gone to get washed.  I forget if he mentioned face and hands or just hands.  But, it's a clear indication that they really do have at least one bathroom in the place.  Clearly it's a topic that won't normally come up, but if there's a separate room for him to go and wash his hands, I think it quite reasonable to assume it's a full bathroom!
Josette

Offline yendor

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Unseen at Collinwood
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 10:02:36 PM »
Hmmm...I wonder how Maggie went to the, uh, bathroom when she was kept prisoner by Barnabas in that horrid basement cell!

And how about Liz inside that casket? Did ALL her bodily functions stop?

And while we're talking about "wondering," just who lights those candles inside the secret mausoleum room? Every now and again, they're lit...especially when Barnabas was first interred.

Rod

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2002, 06:54:07 AM »
Oh yes there are many full as well as half washrooms throughout Collinwood, being used only at certain times as well as out of anyone's sight, some things should be kept  private don't you think? ....Mrs. Johnson has a time keeping them all spotlessly tidy, which she does while not being seen, also cleaning the kitchen, dusting all the furniture! and emptying the ash trays which has doubled since the good doctor moved in... it is my opinion Mrs. Johnson is the most hard worked house keeper in Collinsport!   Whew!
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2002, 07:04:40 AM »
....and emptying the ash trays which has doubled since the good doctor moved in...  

Did we all catch Mrs. Johnson the other day, carefully dumping one ash tray after another into her darling little silver "ash receptacle" for disposal?  The first thought that came to me was that if that little doo-dad showed up on "Antiques Roadshow" we'd be the only people in America who would know for certain what the hell it was!! [lghy]

Rainey
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2002, 02:50:17 PM »
    I have been in many old houses in Maine and no matter how big or grand the home there is usually no bathrooms upstairs unless modern owners put them in.  One lovely 200 yr old mansion had one bathroom just off the kitchen.  You had to go through the entire house and through the kitchen to get to it.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2002, 08:39:24 PM »
I guess the Collins family and all their guests were above such banal necessities as hitting the loo.  That's why there was nothing but showers and sinks in the bathrooms--and we never heard a toilet flush!

Love, Robin