Author Topic: One of 1840's Problems  (Read 1878 times)

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: One of 1840's Problems
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2014, 01:35:43 AM »
I actually had fun, Magnus, "wiping the slate clean" by wiping out all future generations of Collins' and having Barnabas, Julia and Eliot returning to 1971 finding an entirely different family when I did my version of WIDSHC.  Of course, I used all the same performers in the new roles.  Louis Edmonds and Joan Bennett were a married couple and Nancy Barrett and David Henesey (I took liberties in having him return, at least for awhile) were their children.  I filled out many other characters being played by all out beloved actors and actresses.  John Karlen, for example, played a history teacher at Collinsport High School where Henesey's character was attending.  Barnabas, Julia and Eliot try to fit back in, wondering what they could do to restore the mess they made.  Fortunately, for them, a haunting begins at Collinwood, the major spook making Quentin's and Gerard's ghosts look like Casper.  The spectre turns out to be none other than Tad Collins who, for various reasons, ended up being a totally evil, despicable person when he entered adulthood.  His foul spirit causes the death of everyone of the new Collins family and our three heroes, as has always happened, need to return to the past - in this case 1860 - when several extremely horrific acts culminated in the "present" haunting of Collinwood.  I won't belabor the details, but out intrepid heroes stop it all from happening just in the nick of time and the lineage through Tad Collins (since, by the changing of history changed the heritage from Gabriel's line to Quentin I's line) is ended and the original displaced heirs are restored.  Voila!  When Barnabas, Julia and Eliot again return to 1971, they find our beloved Elizabeth meeting them in the drawing room looking for Roger's speech for the dedication of the historical society (and an accompanying museum/archive).  And the next plotline begins, wherein stuff collected and contained within the records of that society/museum/archive have a few surprises of their own and people using them are not what they seem to be.  Mmmwwwahahahaha!

Gerard