Author Topic: Countdown to Divinity: A Cavalcade of Modesty  (Read 1395 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Countdown to Divinity: A Cavalcade of Modesty
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:53:02 PM »
Funny how these things just sort of sneak up on you, but right in the middle of these doldrums the board seems to be in, it seems that in 20 posts or so, rather quietly, I'm scheduled to become a god.   I'm right, right?   2600 posts?

I won't forget to hurl thunderbolts at, and rain poisonous toads down on, all the little people who helped me get to where I am today.    Of what use if godhood, without the terror?    Unpredictable mood swings, that's a god thing too.   So you all have that to look forward to.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Countdown to Divinity: A Cavalcade of Modesty
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 01:47:58 AM »
Do you have a favorite variety of incense that I should be stocking up on?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:25:22 AM »
these doldrums the board seems to be in

Hmmm - don't know why you'd think the forum is in the doldrums. A check of yesterday's posts, for instance, shows that 87 were made - far more than on any average day. And as far as the average goes, the forum is basically keeping up with it. Yes, this past weekend was quiet - but it's summer - the weekends should be quieter.  :D  But if one checks the month to date, the forum is pretty much on a par with what it does in a typical July - especially one that doesn't contain a Fest.  ;)

More importantly, though, there have been some interesting and insightful posts made over the past few days (perhaps even more than I'm aware of at the moment because I'm still catching up after my enforced exile at the hands of Microsoft).

it seems that in 20 posts or so, rather quietly, I'm scheduled to become a god.   I'm right, right?   2600 posts?

That's not the exact figure - but, yes, you'll reach DSF God status soon.  :)  But recall that reaching DSF God is but the first step on a greater journey...

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »
Ah, Magnus.....your expectations regarding God-hood around here are delightfully naive.  Wait until after the (not terribly painful) initiation rites!  >:D

"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 03:27:22 AM »
Ah, Magnus.....your expectations regarding God-hood around here are delightfully naive.  Wait until after the (not terribly painful) initiation rites!  >:D

Well, I expected godhood spankings.    I wasn't sure whether I got to administer any myself, and could choose the subjects.

Whatever this entails.... we'd better get started, seeing as how I just crossed the threshhold into the pantheon... my grandiose language isn't much today, is it?!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 03:30:52 AM »
Congratulations, Magnus!   [clap2]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 03:52:56 AM »
Congrats, Magnus! And as a god, of course it's a complete requirement that you must receive upon yourself anything that you might want to dole out to others. That way you'll be completely and objectively sensitive to the receiver's experience. So, if you feel that you'd like to dole out spankings, you'd better step up to receive your own first.  :spank:  [wink2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 04:04:29 AM »
Hey, don't forget the wrath.  I'm just gettin' warmed up...!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 07:21:29 PM »
Congratulations, Magnus!  And shouldn't you be choosing a specialty now?  Mars was god of war, Neptune got the sea, Minerva got wisdom...What do you want?

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 08:45:55 PM »
Congratulations, Magnus!  And shouldn't you be choosing a specialty now?  Mars was god of war, Neptune got the sea, Minerva got wisdom...What do you want?

Minerva's dead, so I'm wisdom now.    Sloth, does that get a god of its own?     God of wrath... playing with mortals for sport......  god of unfair, undeserved vengeance and random, violent mood swings which take out entire continents.... can I be that?!   I'm like a kid in a candy store!!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 09:29:25 PM »
Well, there's always the God of Spanking.  ;D

And actually, there's at least one member here who'd probably love to be on the receiving end if you take on that title - though I won't mention any names. But she certainly knows who she is. And if you do deem to take on that title, she may contact you to set up a private session.  :D