Author Topic: #0186/0187: Robservations 10/01/01: Get David Outta Here!  (Read 1308 times)

Offline ROBINV

• ** Robservationist **
  • Senior Poster
  • The Write Stuff
    • View Profile
    • Personal site of Robin Vogel
#0186/0187: Robservations 10/01/01: Get David Outta Here!
« on: September 30, 2001, 06:52:41 PM »
Episode #186 - The night air at Collinwood is cold, and very still--even the wind off the sea seems hushed, and waiting, waiting and listening for a voice from beyond time, from beyond the grave--waiting for the words that might free the living from a haunting terror--but the words have not yet come--and a small group of mortals, like the night air, like the sea wind, waits.

Vicki looks out the Old House window, wishing Dr. Guthrie would get here. David circles the table, touching the chairs as if playing Duck Duck Goose. Sam, still staring at Josette's portrait, asks if she was the one who threw herself off the cliff, into the sea. Yes, says David. This was her house, wasn't it? asks Sam. It still is, says David somewhat impatiently--she still lives here. I think it would be a good idea if we just sat quietly and waited for Dr. Guthrie, suggests Vicki. They all sit down,
unaware that a vengeful Laura has removed Dr. Guthrie from their lives by forcing his car to crash in a fiery conflagration.

Sam and David are both impatient to get started. David wants to start without the doctor. Where is he? frets Sam. He'll be here, I know we can depend on him! says Vicki. They wait.

Dr. Guthrie's car burns, fire crackling gleefully.

Blue Whale - Joe puts a song on the jukebox and sits at the bar. Burke enters and greets him, then orders his usual. Both agree they can't complain about their lives. Glad to hear it, says Burke. Thanks, says Joe. I hear you've been on a couple of adventures lately, says Burke. A couple, admits Joe. I didn't know you had such an extraordinary ordinary life, says Burke. I don't know what you're talking about, says Joe--I'm not sure you're interested. Vicki told me you helped that Dr. Guthrie the other day, at the cemetery, says Burke. Joe is taken aback--unpleasantly. I still don't know what you're talking about, says Joe. Opening the graves, says Burke--finding two of them empty--both belonging to women whose maiden name was Laura Murdoch. Vicki wouldn't have told you that, insists Joe. Why? asks Burke, because I would tell Laura? You probably have, says Joe. No, I haven't, says Burke. Vicki really did tell you--why? asks Joe. Because she needed my help keeping David away from Laura, says Burke. She took that kind of a chance? asks Joe. Someone answers the phone in the Blue Whale. Some people take chance on a guy, says Burke. (like Vicki.) The bartender comes over to tell Joe there's a phone call for him. Don't tell me Maggie's got to work overtime again, says Joe, rising from the stool. He takes the phone. It is Maggie, with bad news. What? asks Joe--say that again--are they sure?--when?--he was supposed...yeah, I guess I'd better--OK, I'll talk to you later. Joe hangs up, stunned. He goes to Burke and sits back down. Anything wrong? asks Burke. He'd dead, says Joe--Dr. Guthrie. Dead? asks Burke--how did it happen? Fire, says Joe--car crashed on the highway, there are two state troopers in the coffee shop, Maggie heard them talking--his car burst into flames--he was killed instantly. No, says Burke. I wonder if they're all right, says Joe--Vicki and David? Vicki and David were with him? demands Burke; fear for those he cares about sweeping over him, he grabs Joe by the arms. No, says Joe--Vicki, David and Mr. Evans were waiting for him, up at the old House. If they were waiting for him, says Burke, they should be all right Joe runs for the door. Dr. Guthrie was intending to conduct a seance to get at the truth about Laura Collins, explains Joe--Guthrie was on his way up there--I can't believe for one second what happened was an accident.
You believe that Laura...? says Burke. I can't talk now, says Joe, I've got to get up there as soon as I can. He leaves the bar. I'm coming with you, says Burke, following on his heels.

We get an overhead view of the table and chairs set up at the Old House, then Josette's portrait. Sam paces. Do we have to just sit here? asks David. Dr. Guthrie will be here any minute, insists Vicki. I'll give him five, then I'm going, says Sam, gazing out the window. Can't I at least show Mr. Evans around the house? asks David. No, you can't, says Sam. (rude!) Upstairs, I bet it's even spookier in the attic! exults David, climbing up a few stairs. Listen to me very carefully, says Vicki--a seance is a very serious thing. I know, he says, I'm not scared or anything. I don't want you to be scared, she says, I just think it would be better if we waited as quietly as possible--you understand? I think so, he says, and comes downstairs. Where is he? demands Sam--why isn't he here? He said he wanted to go over his notes again, she suggests, maybe that took longer than he thought; then there's the drive to town... Why didn't he tell us to be later than this--I hate waiting like this, says Sam. Don't be afraid, says David. I'm not afraid! says Sam angrily, who apologizes to Vicki--I'm a little on edge, he confesses--could we wait up at the house? I'm afraid not, says Vicki--the people up there aren't supposed to see us together--we're just going to have to wait up here. Sam presses his lips together, unhappy. You really don't feel anything here in the room? asks David. No, says Vicki. It's like a restless wind was filling the air, says Vicki. I don't feel any wind, says Vicki. If you ask me, it's stifling in here, says Sam. David looks around. You don't exactly feel the wind, says David, you know it's there, restless, listening, feel it. Sam and Vicki both look around, scared. They hear a car. That's Dr. Guthrie, says Vicki. It's not--it's Joe and Burke, who burst anxiously into the house asking if they're all right. Of course I am, says Vicki--Joe, you know you're not supposed to be here! I know that, says Joe, but something's happened. Burke calls to Joe and says this is a fascinating old house--have you ever had a tour of it? What? asks Joe, confused at Burke's change of subject. Why don't you ask Davy to show you around? suggests Burke--take a tour of the upstairs. I'd like that, says Joe, and goes upstairs with an eager David.
What's this all about ? asks Sam. You wanted to get rid of David--why, Burke? asks Vicki. Because I've got something to tell you, says Burke, holding Vicki's arms--about Guthrie--he's dead. Dead? asks Sam. Oh, no, he can't be! cries Vicki, dismayed. I wish I didn't have to be the one to tell you, says Burke. How? asks Sam, did it happen? He was coming up here, says Burke--his car crashed, burst into flames. Flames? asks Sam. I can't believe it, says Vicki helplessly. You'd better sit down, says Burke. I'm all right, says Vicki, I just can't believe Dr. Guthrie is dead. She did it to him--Laura Collins! says Sam--she was responsible! No one was responsible, says Burke, his car went out of control. No, she made it happen! says Sam--she was responsible for that just as she was responsible for me getting my hands burned. Vicki leans against a column, her face sad. He was our friend, she laments, he died because he was trying to help us. I know, says Burke, comforting her. He was more than our friend, she says, he was our only hope of saving David--now he's gone--he's gone--and no one can help us. Burke hugs her from behind, patting her shoulder.

Let's collect David and get out of here, suggests Burke--he'll be better off at the main house. I'm all for getting out of here, agrees Sam, I've had enough of this house. Vicki? asks Burke. All right, she says. I'll get David, says Burke, and calls upstairs to Joe and David. Vicki blows out the candles on the table and gazes up at Josette's portrait. Wait, she says, I want to stay here--go ahead with the seance--Dr. Guthrie thought we might learn something through it, some way to help David. Can we go through it without Dr. Guthrie? asks Burke. Yes, she says, I was at the seance before, I think I remember how he did it--it's worth trying--we've got to help David! Burke holds her hands. Are you sure you can handle it? he asks. I can if it's for David, she says. I don't know, says Burke. Neither do I, says Sam. It's our last chance, our very last chance, insists Vicki, we've got to go through with it. OK, says Burke, anything you say. If you want to, go ahead and do it, says Sam--without me--he sits down--I'm scared--too much has happened already--I want to get as far away from this place as possible--if that means I'm a coward, then all right, I'm a coward! This might be our last chance to get to the bottom of this! pleads Vicki, kneeling beside him. Oh, no, says Sam, we'll get to the bottom, but we'll never get to the top--no, thanks. (what did he mean by that?) But we may make direct contact with Josette and she'll tell us what to do--please! begs Vicki. Without me, says Sam. But look, she says, Josette made contact through you before, she might do it again--she did it through your paintings, I'm sure of that. Sam shakes his head. I'm sorry, he says, I just can't. He starts to go. Let me say just one thing, says Burke. It won't do any good, Sam says. In a few minutes, says Burke, David's going to walk down those stairs, an innocent kid--and his life is in danger--you take one look at that boy and then you decide what you're going to do. That's not fair! says Sam. David and Joe join them. Joe didn't seem to think upstairs was so spooky after all, says David. Well, says Joe, maybe medium spooky--what's going on? We're thinking of going ahead with the seance, says Burke. Why are you going ahead? asks Joe. I don't know, says Vicki. David lights the candles, and Sam watches him. Can't we start now? the boy asks. Sam, says Burke.
All right, agrees Sam. Thank you, says Vicki. Can we join in? asks Burke. No, says Vicki, I think you'd better wait outside, we should do it the way Dr. Guthrie planned, just the three of us. All right, Burke agrees, squeezing Vicki's hand before heading for the door.  If you should hear anything strange, cautions Vicki, don't interrupt, no matter how much you might want to. The men agree, and leave the house. Vicki tells Sam and David to sit down and finishes lighting the candles on the table. She sets one down on a separate, small table, then takes a seat herself. We have to sit very quietly, she says--put your hands flat on the table--we have to make an unbroken circle of our fingers. Sam does so, David hesitates. What's going to happen next? asks David. If we're lucky, she says, Josette will speak to us, says Vicki. Speak to us? he asks. I hope so, she says, try not to be afraid. I won't be afraid, he says, and adds his hands to theirs. This circle must remain unbroken no matter what, she instructs--clear your minds of everything but Josette--concentrate on Josette Collins--we have to repeat, over and over and over again in our minds, Josette Collins...Josette Collins...Josette Collins. It won't work, insists Sam, not without Dr. Guthrie. Please concentrate! implores Vicki. They do. Josette, says Vicki, we're calling you, Josette, come to us, Josette, come to us, Josette. David begins to moan. David! cries Sam. Leave him alone! orders Vicki--concentrate on Josette. Come to us! calls Vicki, as David continues to moan.

We see a candle flames. David sounds as if he's cold, moaning continually. He's gone into a trance, Vicki tells Sam. Josette, are you in the room, here with us? asks Vicki. I am not Josette, says David--I am David Radcliffe! Are you the son of Laura Murdoch Radcliffe? asks Vicki. Yes, says David. Why have you come here? asks Vicki--what have you come to tell us? Mother...Mother, intones David--I am in my mother's arms, in her room, I am happy--I sleep in my mother's arms, I sleep--then, the candle--the curtains blow against the candle and there's fire, fire--oh, my mother holds me!--I do not run, I do not want to run--there will be another fire. When?--where? asks Vicki. In a little house, says David, little, little house. Can you tell us where the house is? asks Vicki. By the sea, says David--a house will burn, someone will die by the fire, flames and smoke!...where are you?--I can't see the fire, I can't see!--the fire!--there you are!--take me away with you!--take me away with you!--take my away with you!--fire, fire!
He burst into tears, then falls unconscious to the table.

NOTES: Quite a wonderful piece of acting on Hensey's part right there. I was glad Vicki went ahead with the seance, pleased she did it, as if in Guthrie's memory. I was also pleased that both Burke and Joe went along with it, as well as Sam, if reluctantly. It would have been interesting if Guthrie himself spoke through someone at the seance. I wonder why David Radcliffe, rather than Josette, showed up. What do his clues mean? Will David die the same way he did--willingly dying in flames in his mother's arms?

Not much was made of Peter's death, but Vicki did pronounce him their friend, and fretted that they wouldn't be able to save David without him. He was so much more, and sacrificed himself to help save David.

Burke didn't want Joe to tell them of Guthrie's death with David there, so he had Joe take David upstairs so he could break the news to Sam and Vicki. Burke is always very concerned about David's feelings. He really does care about the kid.

Episode #187 - The night is filled with death and terror at Collinwood--once again, the flames have reached out and claimed another life, and the voice of the dead has been heard through the lips of a young boy.

Carolyn comes out onto the dark landing at Collinwood. The clock strikes 10. She looks around nervously, then goes into the dark drawing room and turns on one lamp, then another. Vicki and Burke come in, Burke carrying David. What happened? asks Carolyn. Put me down, says David, I can walk. I want to carry you, teases Burke, it justifies all the weight lifting I've been doing. I'm OK, says David. I've carried you this far, says Burke, I want to carry you all the way. Carolyn asks them to please tell her what's happened. In a minute, says Vicki. Where's his room? asks Burke. Upstairs, says Vicki. Burke heads that way. You're going to carry me all the way upstairs? asks David. Part of the service, says Burke. I'll show you where it is, says David, directing him to go straight ahead, then turn left. Be right back, says Burke. Vicki thanks him. Yes, sir, says Burke to David, how do you feel now? OK, I guess, says David, just tired. We're heading in the right direction, then, says Burke. Vicki, looking lost, goes into the drawing room. Carolyn says, "Now--what happened?" I have some bad news for you, says Vicki--it's Dr. Guthrie--he's dead. Carolyn is shocked.

Oh, no, says Carolyn, sitting on the sofa--what happened to him? His car crashed, says Vicki. Horrible, says Carolyn. It happened about an hour ago, says Vicki. What caused the crash? asks Carolyn. No one really knows, says Vicki, the car was going very fast, then went out of control--it crashed and then burst into flames. Carolyn looks up at her. Flames? she repeats. Dr. Guthrie was pinned inside the wreckage and burned to death, says Vicki. Carolyn digests this terrible news. Another death by fire, she says, what does that mean? I don't know, says Vicki, but it's too much of a coincidence. You mean Laura Collins again? asks Carolyn. Yes, says Vicki, I think she was responsible for it. She's got to be stopped! says Carolyn. That's what Dr. Guthrie was trying to do, says Vicki. What happened to David? asks Carolyn. I decided to go ahead with the seance, says Vicki, we made contact. Josette spoke again? asks Carolyn. No, says Vicki, it was David Radcliffe who spoke through him. The boy who died in the fire in 1867? says Carolyn--what did he say? It was a premonition of himself, a vision, but more than that, a warning, says Vicki--a warning that David is in immediate danger. Burke comes in to tell Vicki that David is ready for bed and wants to see her--he said something about a cup of hot chocolate. I'll have Mrs. Johnson make it, says Vicki. Carolyn asks Burke if he'd like anything. A drink, please, says Burke. Help yourself, she invites. He thanks her. A little cognac would taste pretty good, he says, pouring, it's been one of those nights. He drinks as Carolyn sits silently. He sits on the sofa across from her. How did you get involved tonight? she asks. I was at the Blue Whale with Joe when the news of Guthrie's accident came in, explains Burke, sipping his drink. Accident? asks Carolyn. Well, whatever it was, says Burke, I don't know--I went to the Old House with Haskell to tell Vicki, and I stayed for the seance--he wipes his face with his hands, distracted--too much I don't understand--I don't even know what I do know--one thing for certain--my values are undergoing a change. Oh, what caused the change? she asks. Seeing an image crumble, says Burke. Laura? she asks. I can't believe Laura's capable of the things that have happened, he says--what worries me, I can't help wondering what else she's capable of. Carolyn rises from her chair. Her capabilities are beyond comprehension, she insists--she might do anything to any one of us.
Then I think it's time we did something about her, he says, and she looks at him with determination.

David lies in bed. Vicki enters his room, carrying another blanket. It's cold, I brought you an extra blanket, she says. He thanks her. I don't know what's wrong with me, he says, I feel so funny and tired. It's way past your bed time, that's all, she says, sitting on the bed beside him. No, it's something else, he says. You just close your eyes and try and go to sleep, she says. I don't want to close my eyes, he says--I don't want to go to sleep. Come on, she says, you can't stay up all night. What happened at the seance? he asks. Nothing, she says. Something did, he says, I remember we were calling Josette, then something started to happen. Do you remember what it was? she asks. No, he says, things started to sound so funny, like echoes, it was like I was moving real fast, then I think I heard someone calling my name. Yes, I was, says Vicki, you had fallen asleep and I was trying to wake you up. It wasn't your voice--it was a voice I'd never heard before, he says. What did the voice say? asks Vicki. I don't remember, says David--I don't remember anything else. That's because there was nothing else, says Vicki, you obviously fell asleep and started dreaming, and that's all there was to it. I don't feel right, says David, lying back. Mrs. Johnson is making you a cup of hot chocolate, she says. I don't want any hot chocolate, says David. Oh, you will when it gets here, she says. I want my mother, he says. You'll see her in the morning, says Vicki.  I want to see her now, he insists. It's very late, says Vicki, I'm sure she's asleep. I haven't been spending much time with her, he says resentfully, and I should--I want to be with her all the time. You try and rest, says Vicki, we'll talk about it in the morning. I'm tired of just talking about it! he says, tomorrow, I'm going to my mother--I don't like living here anymore--he climbs out of bed--everyone's always watching everything that I do--and whenever I walk in a room, they stop talking and ask me how I feel--I don't like it! You wouldn't want us to ignore you, would you? she asks.
I don't care, he says, because tomorrow, I'm going to my mother, and I'm going to ask her to take me away from here! He gets into bed, leaving Vicki with a disturbed expression on her face.

Everyone keeps saying something should be done about Laura, Carolyn tells Burke, but so far, no one's come up with a good suggestion. Doesn't Roger support her point of view? Asks Burke. Not anymore, says Carolyn, as far as I know, the only person she has on her side is you. I already told you where I stand on that point, he says. Then Laura has no one, says Carolyn--she's alone--she has no one to help her and no one to talk to--Dr. Guthrie succeeded in cutting her off from everyone. So she's backed into a corner, says Burke. She's bound to realize it's hopeless, says Carolyn--maybe she'll just go away. No, says Burke, shaking his head--not Laura--she never walked away from a battle in her life. Roger comes in. I'm afraid we have some bad news, says Carolyn. So I've heard, says Roger, removing his hat, it's all over town--he shakes his head and enters the drawing room, coming face to face with Burke. Burke carries David home, says Carolyn. Joe Haskell filled me in, says Roger, thank you, Devlin, I appreciate--I must say I don't shock easily, but Guthrie's death has made me sit up. He pours a drink--I behaved rather shabbily, too, when all he was trying to do was help. Burke steps forward. I did the same thing, says Burke. I found what he had to say preposterous, says Roger--he blamed everything that happened here on Laura--I'm sure he would have pointed the finger of responsibility for his own death at Laura. Who else could he have pointed it at? asks Burke--he'd drawn his conclusions about her and was on his way to reveal that information at the seance--Laura knew what he was going to do--she got to him somehow. Do you think she did it? asks Roger. I think she had something to do with it, says Burke, just as I think she had something to do with putting your sister in the hospital. Roger sets down his drink and considers this. If her marksmanship is what you say it is, says Roger, I just wonder which of us is to be the next target.
Carolyn looks terrified.

Is there anything the police could do? asks Carolyn. They'd laugh, says Roger, which I'm sure is what they would do if presented with such a flimsy theory. If there's no one else to turn to now, says Burke, this rests in our hands. Since when has this been your problem? Asks Roger. Laura has always been my problem, insists Burke. There is still an issue between us which makes any arrangement virtually impossible. I know that, says Burke, but it's got to be put aside now--things are happening around here with higher stakes. The choice has to be up to you, says Roger, since this is your vendetta. All right, says Burke, we'll call an intermission in our game. That has a temporary sound, says Roger. I think we all agree that nothing is permanent, says Burke. Not even death, says Carolyn, walking to the fireplace. Vicki comes in, and Roger asks how David is. Confused and upset, she says, Mrs. Johnson is with him--he can't remember what happened. Why was I excluded from the seance? asks Roger. Because Dr. Guthrie only wanted those to whom Josette had appeared before, explains Vicki. I see, says Roger, did you know of his plans--is there any point we can start off from, and keep going? I don't exactly know what he planned to do, she says, he had some notes and dictated some of his ideas into the tape recorder. The notes and tape recorder were completely destroyed in the crash, says Burke. Then all we have to go on is the things David said in the seance, says Vicki--he seemed to be speaking with his mother, begging her to take him away with her, not to leave him--and then he spoke of a house by the sea, and then he was yelling fire, fire! I don't understand what it means, says Roger--was it a vision from the past, or... Yes, says Vicki, and also a vision of the future--David prophesied his own death by fire. We won't let that happen, insists Burke. It's not going to be that easy, she says, David just told me he wants to go away from here--with his mother. That's easy enough to block, says Roger--I just won't give him permission. I know David, says Carolyn, if you were to forbid him, he'd go right to his mother. We've got to go further than talking, says Burke--Laura has got to be told to go--if necessary, to be thrown out! that'll be the day, says Roger. I know it won't be easy, but it's got to be done! says Burke. She'll fight for David, says Roger. I'm afraid she'll do something to him, says Vicki. Then we'll take David away, says Burke, until we get rid of Laura. But he doesn't want to be separated from his mother, Vicki tells him, it's going to be a very difficult thing to do. David would have to be taken away, says Carolyn, and Laura told to go. Both jobs are my responsibility, says Roger, but I can only be one place at a time--I would be delighted to get rid of Laura, but someone else has to take David away.  I think, says Burke, David would go away with me, maybe on a fishing trip--we talked about it once. It's got to be done, right away, says Vicki, because I have a feeling that there's going to be another fire. Come on, Burke, says Roger, we've got to go see David right now. Right, agrees Burke, and the two men head upstairs. (together--pretty cool!)

David lies in bed, drinking his mug of hot chocolate. Burke sits on his bed and asks how he's feeling. I don't know, says David. Roger takes the mug from him and asks how the hot chocolate was. It was OK, says David, but it didn't have any whipped cream in it. I'll have to register a complaint with Mrs, Johnson, says Roger--well, son, I hear you've had quite a night. So many things have happened, agrees David--I don't understand them. They're all unimportant, and I don't want you to worry anymore about it--Mr. Devlin and I have been having a talk--he has something to ask you. I was just wondering what you're oding tomorrow? Burke asks David. I was going to see my mother, answers the boy. What about? asks Roger. Oh, I was going to tell her what I decided, says David. And what is that? asks Roger. You won't get angry at me? asks David. I'll try not to, says Roger. I want to tell her that I want to go away to live with her, says David. Burke and Roger exchange worried glances. I see, says Roger, I'm sure she'll be very pleased. Does that mean you'll be going away soon? asks Burke. I guess so, says David. What made you decide that? Roger asks. I just want to, says David. I suppose that's reason enough, agrees Roger. You're not gong to be angry with me? asks David. No, son, says Roger, I want you to be happy. (that is nice!) Yes, says Burke, I think that's very good news. You do? asks David. Only I'm a little--a lot disappointed--I'd made some plans, something I promised you--but now that you're going away, I guess you wouldn't be interested. David sits up higher against his pillows. What did you promise me? he asks. That fishing trip, says Burke--it's something I've been looking forward to. I've been looking forward to it, too, says David, disappointed--when are you going? I thought I'd go tomorrow morning, says Burke--I sure wish you could go with me. Mr. Devlin just asked me for my permission, and I gave it to him, says Roger. (did hell freeze over?) I wish I could go, says David, but I have to see my mother tomorrow. Of course you do, says Burke, I sure wish you could see that fishing lodge--it's up on the Canadian border--cabin made of logs--double bunk beds, couple of canoes, and an outboard motor. Sounds great, says David. And you know the best thing? asks Burke--the only way to get there is a seaplane that lands on the lake. Wow! Says David--but I have to go see my mother tomorrow. Don't you think you could put it off for a day or two? asks Burke--I'm sure she wouldn't mind. No, says David, well, I don't know... Your father will ask her, says Burke, I'm sure she'll go along with it--I'll go see her now--I'll tell her you plan to go away with her, but you'd like to go on a fishing trip first. I'll talk to her, says David. The men exchange glances again. You know what they've got on those lakes? Burke asks David--muskies! Muskies! Says David, grinning. Yeah, record muskies--we take them right out of that lake! Says Burke. You don't suppose I'd be able to catch one? asks David eagerly. Burke laughs. I don't know, but it would take you about an hour to pull 'em in
--think you can handle that? Sure! says David. I hear the muskies are biting up at that lake pretty good this year, says Burke, working a pretend reel, I could just see you, bringing them in, bringing them in...having it mounted. Yes, agrees Roger, one would look marvelous mounted right there on your wall. Come on, Davy, begs Burke, come on. What do you think? asks Roger--your mother would have to take a few days before she could leave anyway--you might as well enjoy yourself.

(Scenes not summarized.)

NOTES: Might this actually be the beginning of a rapprochement between Burke and the Collinses? It sounds like there's a chink in Burke's armor, and now that he's no longer enamored of Laura, his feelings for Vicki and David are rushing to the surface. He's declaring a temporary truce to battle a common enemy, but might this be the beginning of a permanent truce? He and Carolyn seemed to get along together, as friends, even, united against an enemy dangerous to David--and to all of them.

Why does David suddenly want to go away with his mother? Why does he again seem distant, angry, not liking his Collinwood family? Is it Laura's powers reaching out to him, or did something about having David Radcliffe speak through him change his confused feelings about his mother to ones of love and an urgent need to be with her and away from Collinwood?

I do enjoy the way Burke, Joe, and Sam joined together with Vicki, Carolyn and Roger to help learn about Laura, and to protect David. Having a common enemy makes for strange bedfellows.

Love, Robin