Author Topic: Jonathan Frid adds "Frid Diaries" section to his website  (Read 999 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Jonathan Frid adds "Frid Diaries" section to his website
« on: October 04, 2008, 04:47:03 AM »
Jonathan plans on adding something along the lines of a diary to his website recording musings about the past and present, his life and career . . . something to keep him going with the website.

http://www.jonathanfrid.com

Nancy

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathan Frid adds "Frid Diaries" section to his website
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:11:50 AM »
jf never ceases to amaze me.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
He never ceases to amaze me either. [hall2_wink]

Nancy

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 12:02:43 AM »
I am excited about the diaries section especially since his Visitor's Corner has been dormant for awhile.  It is something to keep his loyal following up to date on especially  his thoughts, "musings" and just him.  I love the man!
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »
I think it's better for him and a relief for us that it's going to be a diary as opposed to just answers in the guestbook.  When I went to the Visitor's Corner, he was actually being drawn into having to argue with a fan or two over the correct spelling of "Barnabas", with a fan or two taking umbrage at having been corrected by him!  (Odd, I've never said "umbrage" before, yet it just came out of me...)   Besides, I'd rather just hear him talk.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 07:44:44 PM »
What kind of moron argues over the spelling of Barnabas with the actor who played him?  [sad3]  Oh, right - trolls argue simply for the sake of arguing and causing trouble.  [angrg]

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
I think the additional project - keeping an online diary - is good for him.  Fans do get worried when they do not see anything new on the website by JF.  They forget that this man is old, by his own definition, and simply doesn't move as fast as he once did.  Besides that, JF does have other people, family and activities in his life that he devotes time to as well.   It's just as we all do not spend all of our time on this board or reading and doing all DS things.  When people retire, they take up travelling, joining a country club and play gulf, spend time with grandchildren or engage in some other pleasurable activities.  For JF, that recreational activity is the website.  I think it's a great way to keep the mind active and challenged.

JF is definitely amused when supposed devotees of the series manage to spell Barnabas or Jonathan Frid wrong. [8_1_203]

Nancy

Offline KajunDC

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 04:37:21 PM »
I think the fact that he is old, plus his desire not to give info on his private life, is the reason people get worried when he does nothing on the website for awhile.

The first thought that pops in my mind is the possibility of a health issue.  He seems to have enjoyed good health throughout his life but once someone reaches their 80's, you never know what is going to rear its head and/or when.  (Of course being a doctor does play some part in that mindset for me.)  We have lost so many already and chances are great that most will be gone in the next 10 years or so - people just want to make sure he is okay.
"Where were you when I was turned into something even my own father loathed..."