Author Topic: Dom RULES!!  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Dom RULES!!
« on: April 01, 2003, 03:22:34 AM »
Oh Dooommmmm honey ;)
Here's a question...if the original 'creator'? of a topic wanted to change the Title of the Subject...could this be done by the 'creator' (sorry, don't know what other word, perhaps originator?)

If I had started a topic titled Cats, but after alot of other posters posted, I wanted to change it to Dogs, could that be done?

If not by me, could it be done by one of Y O U? (you cool mods)?

Patti

(any mod can answer...just making sure Dom know's we all love him!!)

What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:DOGS
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 09:19:00 AM »
Hi Patti!

I can. If you have a modify icon in the tool-bar located in upper right hand side of the post, I imagine that you can modify the post's title. Try it with this topic's title and see if it works. Go to your original post in this thread and see if there is a modify icon. Click it. The post should re-appear in manner identical to a new post you'd be creating. Just go to the topic title and change it. Then click on the "save" icon located at the bottom left of the page.

What I see on screen is different than what you see on your screen because I am a moderator. I have more option icons available to me.  I don't have a general account that enables me to see what a standard membership affords.

dom (Feeling the love) ;)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
Re:Dom RULES!!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 08:55:39 PM »
Thanks honey...that also answered my second part.

Once the originator changed the topic, if someone replied, it goes to NEW title, not yours (now it reads dom Rules, DOGS(lol on that one!) and Dom Rules again).

Thanks sunshine ;)

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 09:57:15 PM »
 [supergrin]

:-*,
 [sun]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 11:59:42 PM »
if the original 'creator'? of a topic wanted to change the Title of the Subject...could this be done by the 'creator' (sorry, don't know what other word, perhaps originator?)

Author

Love love love the new title!

Once the originator changed the topic, if someone replied, it goes to NEW title, not yours (now it reads dom Rules, DOGS(lol on that one!) and Dom Rules again).

Not necessarily, because a new post will take on the title of the message it's directly responding to.  So if you were to reply directly to one of the messages that still has Dogs as its title (by quoting one of those posts), the title of the new post would read Re: Dogs.