Author Topic: Jonathan Frid and Crypts  (Read 10618 times)

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Jonathan Frid and Crypts
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2007, 10:58:06 AM »
WOW!!  This news is GREAT! [cheer] I have never had the pleasure of seeing/meeting Jonathan Frid in person.  It will be exciting! [cheesyg] I'm sure I will feel like a smitten schoolgirl! [love10] Hopefully, I'll be able to contain myself! [winkg]

By the way, when he's at the banquet, will I be able to get a picture of him and me together with my camera?    ::)

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2007, 05:24:41 PM »
...Jonathan is going to sign an item ahead of time to pass out to all attendees and during the banquet he will go around to each table and personalize the item for those who want that...

:o  He's coming around to EACH TABLE??    [a2a3]  All right, Adamsgirl!!!  NO staking the cheesecake at the banquet this year!!!  Can't take you ANYWHERE!!!

Judy [9366]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 08:29:27 PM »
Well, Judy, to my recollection, it is YOU who started the staking of the cheesecake, complete with that nice jammy blood -- LOL! I merely followed suit because, alas and alack, it was a serious case of monkey-see, monkey-do.

Now, hopefully, this year, we can again delight in the match-up of poor Joan Bennett with your hubby, Ed Grimley -- ROTFLMHO!

Offline Angelique Wins

• Full Poster
  • Angelique wins!
    • View Profile
    • Hey!  It's My Dark Shadows Website!
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »
Well, Judy, to my recollection, it is YOU who started the staking of the cheesecake, complete with that nice jammy blood -- LOL! I merely followed suit because, alas and alack, it was a serious case of monkey-see, monkey-do.
::) We were obviously sitting at different tables.  There was no doo of ANY kind at MY table and I, if you will recall, was a perfect ANGEL.  [9366]  And was it MY fault that the cheesecake was calling out to be staked?  Why ELSE would they have supplied that cherry red ooze with which to decorate?

Seriously, you've GOT to hope that they don't play that outrageous clip of Joan Bennett picking Ed Grimley (who does NOT belong to me) or I'll totally lose it and be under the table laughing hysterically when JF comes by!

Judy  [angl]
**For the record...just in case you're wondering how it all turns out---Angelique wins.  [9366]

And if you want to know just how that's possible...then check out my DS fan fiction!
                         [read3]
http://www.codelphia.com/angeliquewins/tableocontents.html

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2007, 08:02:27 PM »
Oh, okay -- I, too, promise to be the very model of decorum when JF graces us with a table visit! Really! I don't even have my fingers crossed because if I did, I couldn't type this, right? LOLOL!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »
Sally, JF will most likely pose for photos with fans at the table.:)

It's interesting - judging from the unpublished feedback from JF's visitor's corner and some nonDS websites (but horror related) there are numerous fans planning to attend the function in August who have never been to any DS function before.  They just want to see JF in person.

By the way, when he's at the banquet, will I be able to get a picture of him and me together with my camera?    ::)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2007, 04:25:26 PM »
It's interesting - judging from the unpublished feedback from JF's visitor's corner and some nonDS websites (but horror related) there are numerous fans planning to attend the function in August who have never been to any DS function before.  They just want to see JF in person.

Interesting, but not at all surprising. As I said, Frid definitely has a huge following of devoted "Fridiacs," including the ones who've said they would never attend another Fest unless Frid returned. And as I also said, even if only a fraction of that "Fridiac" contingent shows up, the event will be big. And they may even more than make up for those long-time Fest attendees who've decided not to attend this year.  ;)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2007, 04:41:28 PM »
I do not believe this east coast event is being called a Fest but rather an event/convention.  The Dark Shadows Festival is an entity and can sponsor an event as such but obviously this August event is a non-traditional format as the shorter/smaller fan events tend to be.  The ballroom at the hotel can only hold 1,000 people.   It's good that it's not simply a one day event as most of the non-traditional gatherings have been (except for Eddie Lambese's Halloween event which was also a two day event) as it gives people a chance to tool around Tarrytown and maybe go into NYC.   I live on the east coast and have not always gone to the smaller DS Festival sponsored events either.

I don't fly out to CA for the non-traditional Fest events or even the regular Festival events so it doesn't suprise me that people who normally go to the three day fests will skip this smaller event in August.  If you've seen Jonathan Frid before then it's less of an incentive unless your friends plan on coming in for a weekend get-together.

nancy

Interesting, but not at all surprising. As I said, Frid definitely has a huge following of devoted "Fridiacs," including the ones who've said they would never attend another Fest unless Frid returned. And as I also said, even if only a fraction of that "Fridiac" contingent shows up, the event will be big. And they may even more than make up for those long-time Fest attendees who've decided not to attend this year.  ;)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »
It's good that it's not simply a one day event as most of the non-traditional gatherings have been ... as it gives people a chance to tool around Tarrytown and maybe go into NYC.

I never attend a NYC area Fest without going into the city at least once. During the last Tarrytown Fest, I went twice.  :)

unless your friends plan on coming in for a weekend get-together.

Frankly, that's been my main incentive to attend the Fests for the past several years. With rare exceptions (like the screening of the '04 pilot and Darren's NoDS presentations), I hardly attend any of the scheduled events. As I said, I go into the city and I spend time with friends - sometimes even just sitting in the hotel lobby for hours with them and talking.  ;)

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2007, 05:45:54 PM »
Sally, JF will most likely pose for photos with fans at the table.
Are we allowed to touch him?  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2007, 06:04:40 PM »
No, only lick him. >:D

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2007, 06:08:05 PM »
No, only lick him. (evil)

Don't give people ideas!  [lghy]  Though something tells me they probably already have enough of their own.  [b003]

Oh, okay -- I, too, promise to be the very model of decorum when JF graces us with a table visit! Really! I don't even have my fingers crossed because if I did, I couldn't type this, right? LOLOL!

Well, there's such a thing as one-fingered typing - and it only requires one hand - which leaves the other free to cross fingers.  ;)

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2007, 10:44:32 PM »
I hardly attend any of the scheduled events. As I said, I go into the city and I spend time with friends - sometimes even just sitting in the hotel lobby for hours with them and talking.  ;)

Will we be seeing friends and discussing books in that lobby this year, Pepe?   ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Elmont

• Full Poster
  • The more I live the less I judge
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2007, 11:20:36 PM »
  I still just want to hug the old dude.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2007, 02:15:07 AM »
I was really hoping for something more along the lines of scratch and sniff.  ;D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)