Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0520  (Read 2287 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0520
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »
(1)  In the Dream, Angelique told Stokes that she didn't know who Cassandra was, and she assumed that he was Ben Stokes.  As MB pointed out elsewhere, Angelique is a good liar - but this didn't strike me as the sort of lie that Angelique tells.  There was no point to it, and she didn't elaborate.  So, if she was lying, why was she lying, and if she was not lying, what did it mean?

(2)  Why was it apparently necessary to introduce the portrait into Collinwood before Cassandra's arrival?  Why couldn't she just hang onto it herself, and keep it hidden somewhere without anybody knowing about it?

(1)  I see what you mean.   That confused me too, at the time.  It goes give one the feeling that there's an Ang who's not quite aware of Cass.

(2)  I thought the portrait was there at Collinwood to put Roger under Cass and/or Ang's spell.  ***  I suppose we don't know for a fact that Ang had the portrait in her possession before it was at Collinwood.   My memory is worse lately though.    I'm not sure what I'm getting at, either.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0520
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:40 AM »
Cassandra kept insisting that she wasn't Angelique to Barnabas because she didn't want him to know who she really is. Rather weak reasoning on her part, because she didn't fool him one bit...still she had nothing to lose by denying her true identity.
I think the reason may be that she figured that if she conversed with Barnabas as Angelique, she would be tempted not to re-impose the curse after all.  This would indicate a self-knowledge that would be atypical of Angelique, but let it pass.

(2)  I thought the portrait was there at Collinwood to put Roger under Cass and/or Ang's spell.  ***  I suppose we don't know for a fact that Ang had the portrait in her possession before it was at Collinwood.   My memory is worse lately though.    I'm not sure what I'm getting at, either.   
I never had any feeling that the portrait was essential to Roger believing he was in love with Cassandra - perhaps because of the drug that Cassandra slipped him on their wedding night.  But we were not allowed to see the scene When Roger Met Cassandra, so we don't know exactly what happened.  It happened at Stokes's place - right under his very nose, apparently - so it must have been interesting.  Maybe someday we'll get a Dark Shadows Deleted Scenes DVD with that on it.

As for the portrait, we later learn - if I remember correctly - that
[spoiler]Nicholas sold it to the antique shop from which Vicky bought it[/spoiler]
so its presence at Collinwood clearly was essential at that point.

By the way, I love the new spoiler feature.  The old one died so long ago that I can't remember it exactly, but it seems to me that the new one is set up much better than the old one was.