Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0534  (Read 1280 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0534
« on: May 01, 2008, 10:00:03 PM »

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0534
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 03:02:13 AM »
I just wanted to say that I liked this episode. Just watched it the other day.

By the way i liked Barnabas' hair, no spikes. a very human look.  Isn't this Barnabas' nature in the since of
giving up his life to others, because he is afraid  to  live with his feelings if he didn't do anything. He blames
himself for what is happening to his family.  I wonder if they ever thought of having Barnabas tell the family
the truth?   

But beside the above, everyone wanted to sacrifice themselves. Vickie, Julia, and Barnabas.
[spoiler]Julia, seems to come up on the losing end, but she is the one person that is really willing to fight. [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:21:45 AM »
lori54, it's great to see you posting again on the Watching Project!

Once again I honor Barnabas for a decision - this time to have Vicky tell him the Dream - and once again I wish he would give it a little more thought.  He knows he is about to become a vampire again.  He knows that he is going to need blood.  He knows that his personality is going to undergo some ugly changes.  I don't know what he could do to prepare for this so as to minimize the adverse effects on other people.  But I know that he should be trying.  Does he really think that it's OK to kill people here, there, and everywhere in order to keep just one person safe, even if that one person is Vicky?  And does he remember that when he was a vampire before, he bit Vicky, and does he understand that he might well end up biting her again?

Come to think of it, Julia's falling down on the job.  She's usually the one to point out unpleasant facts to Barnabas.  He doesn't listen to her, but at least she tries.  Today all she did was fret.

Gosh what a fool Carolyn was, going and finding Adam.  She did get away with it - but it was an serious risk to take.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 02:18:20 PM »
Once again I honor Barnabas for a decision - this time to have Vicky tell him the Dream - and once again I wish he would give it a little more thought.  He knows he is about to become a vampire again.  He knows that he is going to need blood.  He knows that his personality is going to undergo some ugly changes.  I don't know what he could do to prepare for this so as to minimize the adverse effects on other people.  But I know that he should be trying.  Does he really think that it's OK to kill people here, there, and everywhere in order to keep just one person safe, even if that one person is Vicky?  And does he remember that when he was a vampire before, he bit Vicky, and does he understand that he might well end up biting her again?

Actually, Barnabas HAS given what is going to happen to him some thought. And he DOES try to take steps to do something about it.

[spoiler] In the next episode, he makes Julia promise that after he has the dream and becomes a vampire again, she would drive a stake through his heart to prevent him from living through the curse again. [/spoiler]

I thought it was very sweet of Carolyn wanting to help Adam instead of turning him into the police. It's the beginning of an understanding and friendship between them. [spoiler] Unfortunately, though, it does eventually start to go a little out of hand when Adam ends up falling in love with her. [/spoiler]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 10:48:48 PM »
lori54, it's great to see you posting again on the Watching Project!

Come to think of it, Julia's falling down on the job.  She's usually the one to point out unpleasant facts to Barnabas.  He doesn't listen to her, but at least she tries.  Today all she did was fret.
I don't watch every day. I just needed a DS fix this weekend. Thanks.

I think Julia knew that Barnabas was going to do what he wanted to do no matter what.

[spoiler] She would try to get Vickie to leave, so she couldn't tell Barnabas.  The next show is a famous one. Julia does make up for not stopping Barnabas. Julia fans cheering. [/spoiler]
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 09:24:10 AM »
Poor Julia! I felt sorry for her in this episode because she loved Barnabas so much and desperately wanted to help him, but couldn't. [cryg] It was very commendable of Barnabas to decide to "save" Vicki from further torment by having her tell him the dream. [thumb] Barnabas was being very brave.

I agree that it was very sweet of Carolyn to find Adam and offer to help him. [ghost_wub] It was quite amazing the change in Adam since he held her captive. He knew a lot more words, and was able to communicate with her. [clap2] I was pleased that Carolyn was able to get Adam to trust that she would come back. That was very nice. [ghost_grin] It's too bad that Adam thought Prof. Stokes was angry with him. I'm glad that Carolyn offered to get the Prof. to come to Adam, so the Prof. could set him straight about how he feels. [ghost_smiley]

Gee, all this talk about The Professor reminds me of The Professor on Gilligan's Island[ghost_wink] [ghost_rolleyes]

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]