Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0515  (Read 1008 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0515
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:05:36 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0515
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 12:36:05 PM »
Once again the message is taught to Adam: if somebody hurts Adam, that's OK, but if Adam hurts somebody, that's bad.

The blue-screening on Kathryn Leigh Scott today was very well done.  I had no idea that Josette was going to disappear.

So Josette cried for Barnabas.  That doesn't make complete sense to me.  I thought she was busy resting, as the dead must do.  And when you've been dead for two hundred years, why should it grieve you that somebody else - however much you loved him - is going to die?  Maybe she was crying because he was hurting.  I don't know.  I'm just not really happy with it.

The person that Josette really saved, though, was Willie.  The last that anybody heard of Barnabas, he and Willie were driving up the coast looking for Adam.  (What a movie that road trip would make!)  We saw Barnabas come inside the Old House without Willie, so I imagine that Willie had to go to town to pick up something, though I'm having trouble imagining what, since, as we learned in a conversation between Julia and David, Mrs. Johnson had gone to pick up some supplies for Barnabas.  Maybe a pack of cigarettes for himself.  So the last person who saw Barnabas alive was Willie, and Willie's got a bad history to live down.  If I were Sheriff Patterson, the minute I heard that Barnabas was missing, I'd be bringing Willie in for questioning.

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 02:13:36 PM »
Actually, I think it does make sense that Josette would grieve for Barnabas, I think that even in death she still very much loved him and now that he's human, she watches over him. This won't be the last time she comes to his aid either.

This isn't the first time Josette's spirit has helped someone either....remember she did help to save Vicki from being killed by Matthew Morgan. I think Josette must have been a restless spirit at times, probably because of what happened to her.

Anyway, I think it's cool that Josette still looks after him.

I agree what you said about Adam though. I understand that Maggie was scared to death, but I really wish she hadn't gone and hit Adam with the hammer. Sam had the situation under control, plus she already heard from Joe her pop had befriended a strange fellow.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 03:11:35 PM »
(What a movie that road trip would make!)

I'm picturing them stopping at Stuckeys for some reason.

Good remarks, Lydia... I just got up, no good responses now.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 08:54:07 PM »
The blue-screening on Kathryn Leigh Scott today was very well done.  I had no idea that Josette was going to disappear.

Agreed, but that wasn't KLS-- it was Natalie Norwick, who also played the mute ghost of Ruby Tate at Barnabas' recent "trial."  Which is weird, I know, since KLS was in this episode and did the sobbing.

Every so often, I'm able to say an actor's line before they do, and I'm not talking about the scenes that stand out for me so much that I know them by heart.  After Willie told Julia about Adam, she looked so confused and clueless that as I watched this I said, "If only Barnabas were here" a moment before she did.  I'm not psychic (that would be MB ;)), but it was a case of the writing in the episode seeming so out of character for Julia that they practically telegraphed the line beforehand.  Then, Willie was able to convince her that killing Adam was their only option, and suddenly THAT struck me as something they really ought to consult Barnabas about.  I was happy to see that Julia got her brain back by the final scene.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 09:40:53 AM »
When the opening of one show is different from the ending of the previous show, I usually prefer the ending. But this time, I liked the opening better. It was much more dramatic. JK, KLS, and RR all did excellent jobs in the scene.  Boy, Adam sure hated Willie!

It made me angry [ghost_angry] to watch this episode, because I know that
(Spoiler:) Sam is going to die soon, and this was the beginning of the end. (End Spoiler) Poor Sam! [cryg] Maggie really blew it when she hit Adam on the head with that  hammer. Adam would have responded better to Sam's telling him Maggie was his "friend" if Maggie had listened to Sam and been more calm.  [ghost_sad]

I thought it was great when Josette was helping Julia and Willie find Barnabas. [cheer] It's one of the many times she helped people in trouble.

----- Sally -----
[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]