Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0081  (Read 1587 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0081
« on: October 24, 2011, 09:10:29 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0081
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:48:16 PM »
Even Clarice not relieving dullness anymore.  Lots and lots of Matthew in this one.

[candle_in_skull_2]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 10:49:18 PM »
As Mrs. Johnson's cab rolls up to the Great House, we see Matthew trimming the hedge with a really wicked-looking pair of shears.

Matthew suggests Mrs. Johnson could go live with her daughter--the first and I think the last time we hear that she had any descendants. But she quickly realizes that Matthew is trying to talk her out of taking the job.

Mrs. J says that the salary Elizabeth is offering her is more than fair. I wonder what that would have been in 1966 dollars.

And Mrs. J gives Burke what for when she tells him, I don't like your tone, Mr. Devlin. I don't much like you.

Go, Sarah!!!   [hall2_smiley]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:00:53 PM »
This episode features my absolute fave location shot – Matthew trimming the hedges as Mrs. Johnson’s cab pulls up to Collinwood. Very cool. I couldn’t make out the name of the cab company, though.

I wonder if the people of Essex, CT ran screaming down the streets when they saw Thayer David walking around in full make-up. Yikes!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 12:51:04 AM »
I wonder if the people of Essex, CT ran screaming down the streets when they saw Thayer David walking around in full make-up. Yikes!

(I was just wondering what real town that was, thanks Janet!  Off to Google...)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:29 AM »
Even Clarice not relieving dullness anymore.  Lots and lots of Matthew in this one.

How about that wig TD is wearing? Looks like it has been used more than once to mop up the set.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 07:33:19 AM »
Matthew suggests Mrs. Johnson could go live with her daughter--the first and I think the last time we hear that she had any descendants.

I'm pretty sure Mrs. J's daughter was mentioned before this.  And if only I could forget her son!!

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 11:20:56 AM »
DarkLady, I think Mrs. Johnson goes, or else plans to go, to stay with her daughter for a while in 1968, when she's feeling stressed by [spoiler]the dream curse.[/spoiler]

Mrs. Johnson was quite two-faced today – one face for Mrs. Stoddard and one for Burke Devlin.  I did wonder, though, if she exaggerated her negative feelings about Mrs. Stoddard and Collinwood in order to placate Burke.

Once Mrs. Johnson settles in at Collinwood, we could have some fine coffee-and-cigarette-break conversations between her and Matthew.  Will they end up as allies or rivals?

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »
In 1968, Mrs. Johnson goes to stay with her sister. Was it mentioned Mrs. J's daughter having a baby recently?

They should have had her daughter appear, instead of her son!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 03:08:39 PM »
I ackowledge the wisdom of those who are more knowledgeable than I am. I hope Mrs. J's daughter didn't marry someone like her brother.

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 09:03:33 PM »
I'm wondering if is her daughter's name is Ima.
Matthew exits the doors of the real Seaview.  In town another confrontation with Burke over Collinwood and threatens to burn it before Burke would live there.
Mrs Johnson would do the cooking and general cleaning if she is hired.  Elizabeth is concerned about the village learning the goings on at Collinwood.  Mrs. Johnson assures her she is not a gossip and respects privacy.  Hmm!  wonder how many people she told about the bad mayonnaise at the diner?  Elizabeth needs to think more on the situation.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
Burke really flew off the handle with Mrs. Johnson because she didn't get hired fast enough for his liking. What did he expect her to do, put a gun to Elizabeth's head and threaten her to give her a job?

Matthew clearly doesn't want any more newcomers at Collinwood. He's never really warmed up to Vicki being there, and now it appears Mrs. Johnson may be coming on board. He seems to sense that anybody new coming to live at Collinwood is nothing but a spy out to make trouble, but we know in Mrs. Johnson's case, his concern is justified.

Did think Burke had a point on something:  Matthew is a hypocrite for lecturing on violence after his attack on Burke the other day. Merely saying sorry isn't going to be enough for a man like Burke to let bygones be bygones, not that I think Matthew was truly sorry anway.