Author Topic: Remembering Jonathan Frid  (Read 896 times)

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Remembering Jonathan Frid
« on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
My friend, Helen Samaras, had the idea of putting together a book called "Remembering Jonathan Frid," a compilation of memories and stories written by fans, family, co-workers who knew Jonathan over the years.  I will also be writing an article.   I will assisting in putting this book together.  We expect to publish it sometime in the spring.  This book will be unique as there will be many, personal and previously-unpublished photos in it.  Some of the proceeds will go to the Hamilton Community Foundation/John H. Frid Fund in Canada.

The book will be available via Amazon, Barnes and Noble and other venues.  I will post developments and availability.

Online Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering Jonathan Frid
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
Hi  Nancy  what  a wonderful  tribute  to Jonathan  Frid .  I will be  axnious  to get a  copy!
                              Love  Anne   [ghost_smiley]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 07:10:13 AM »
Nancy, that sounds like a great idea!

David

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 06:48:11 PM »
I once lived on the same street as JF in NYC (3rd Ave) exactly 9 short blocks apart. I used to see him around the neighborhood all the time, such a classy guy!

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering Jonathan Frid book
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »
Some further developments to report -

This Remembering Jonathan Frid book will feature stories/memories written by friends, families and colleagues from all parts of his life, several of which have not been heard from before.  This book will feature previously unpublished photos of JF as well.  The book will also include stories from long time DS fans who worked closely with Jonathan at the festivals and volunteered at the one-man shows. 

I am excited at how this book is coming along even at this early stage.  I will keep you updated.  I think JF fans will be pleased with the results.