Author Topic: OT: USA Network to Rerun Passions From the Begining  (Read 741 times)

David

OT: USA Network to Rerun Passions From the Begining
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:07:50 PM »
Supernatural soap Passions, which ends for good on Aug 11th, will air in reruns on USA Network starting in the Fall.

The first three years of this show were VERY supernatural.
The Tabby/Timmy years, as the fans called them, were the show's high point and are worth checking out.

And if youre in Canada, Passions will rerun on The Super Channel.

David

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Re: OT: USA Network to Rerun Passions From the Begining
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 04:17:15 PM »
Any times ?

David

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 04:22:31 PM »
Waiting to find out, Lady Anne.

I must say, I love Passions, but not any where near as much as I love DS.
I'm amazed that Passions, which was never a big hit like DS, keeps getting so many second chances, while DS has struggled to get reborn.

USA is expected to air Passions late at night.
Rumors are flying that if it pulls in a crowd, the network will put the show back in production, but I don't believe this for a second.

David

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:45:52 PM »
I'm amazed that Passions, which was never a big hit like DS, keeps getting so many second chances, while DS has struggled to get reborn.

Passions' "second chances" have either been on NBC/Universal owned stations like Sci-Fi and now USA, or in the case of DirecTV, because NBC went into a partnership with them. The fact that, unlike DS, Passions is a current show that's owned by a major network has a lot to do it. Though let's not lose sight of how miserably it failed on Sci-Fi. USA might turn out to be a better fit than Sci-Fi was, but there's no guarantee it will fair any better there - only time will tell...

David

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 05:44:14 PM »
I heard that part of the problem with Passions on Sci-Fi
was a boycott of the channel by hardcore Sci Fi buffs, who viewed Passions as a more traditional soap a'la AMC/GH.

David

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 06:07:30 PM »
Boycotts like that tend to be bigger in the groups' own minds than they are in reality (and thank heavens for that). Chances are if people had wanted to watch Passions on Sci-Fi they would have done so. They wouldn't have cared or possibly even been aware of the boycott. (And to put a DS spin on boycotts, I suspect the one organized against Sci-Fi because of Passions was probably as effective as the one organized by DS fans against Password in '71. Basically all they really do is reflect badly on the group doing the boycotting rather than the thing being boycotted...  [ghost_wacko])

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
TO ME Passions was always a POOR MAN'S DS.  I think this show is campy and horrid in not in a good way.   In NEVER came close to touching DS.  No how no way.  But If yall like it I hope get your reruns!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

David

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 04:26:55 PM »
Taeylor:
the first three years of Passions are quite good: nothing like the sick rape & incest fest the show later became.
These horror heavy early eps were terrific, though not nearly as good as DS.

I firmly believe that if Passions had played it's horror elements straight, it would have been more popular.

David

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 11:54:53 PM »
It was okay then.  That is when I started watching it.  I just couldn't get into it I guess. [ghost_nowink]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/