Author Topic: In Dreams  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: In Dreams
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2002, 04:48:20 AM »
What my friend doesn't say was that the dream was so authentic, he even saw the "Dan Curtis Productions" and "World Vision" logos at the end of episode one. :-/ :o ?!?

LOL!  I actually thought you were going to say that the dream was so authentic that either Joe accidentally dropped the heart/prop, Willie blanked out on a line (and Mrs. Johnson had to find her way to the alley to feed him his next line), or part of the alley set fell down.   ;)

Ben

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2002, 09:57:16 AM »
I think vivd dreams are a genetic trait..

I think you're right about that.  My dad always dreams of family & friends who have passed on, and so do I. I like dreams like this because it makes me feel that they're still with us.  Years ago my brother in law passed away. Although everyone said it was from a drug overdose, I honestly believed it was from Aids due to drug use. He really looked bad the year before he died and although eveyone tried to get him help, he refused it.  It had his whole family in an uproar. Anyway, about 6 months after he passed away, I dreamt of him and noticed how wonderful he looked. He was so happy with a big smile on his face.  In the dream I asked him what he was doing here since I knew that he had died. He just looked at me and smiled and said, "Im alright now, just tell everyone that I am okay now."

Another time I dreamt of my late Grandfather. He knocked at my door and I was shocked when I answered it because I knew that he had died. He just looked at me and said "please pray for me."  Well I did just that and haven't dreamt of him since so Im hoping that he is okay.

I've never dreamed of Dark Shadows though and not all that sure that I want to either.  With my luck, I'd probably get something similar to that dream curse.
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Happybat

• Full Poster
  • Jag gillar Dark Shadows!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2002, 11:21:27 PM »
Dreams are a fascinating subject!  The only DS dream I recall with any degree of vividness was one I had years after I stopped watching DS:

Barnabas Collins the vampire chased me up and down a series of crystal staircases that were located in some odd, cloudy cosmic void.  I had this dream during my teens.  Nightmares were very frequent then; glad to say that this is no longer the case.  Around the same time I also had one of my favorite dreams where none other than Chopin himself was teaching me to play the piano!  Don't recall whether or not I was a very adept pupil, but it was a nice fantasy!

I wish I remembered more of my dreams, regardless of what they might be!
Happybat

"One can only truly understand what one can create"--Giambattista Vico, Italian philosopher