Author Topic: My hero  (Read 1037 times)

Offline kuanyin

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
My hero
« on: August 23, 2002, 07:08:44 AM »
Wasn't Roger just GREAT today? OK, it doesn't take much to reduce Jeffy to a stammering idiot.  But, Roger just ripped him to shreds! Too bad he lost his steam in the face of Vicky's happy little camper act.

What is really sad is that I have KNOWN people like Jeffy and Vicky, with the "What can I do? I love him!" attitude  that somehow justifies putting up with the unacceptable. Though why she should be so huffy about Jeff's secretiveness makes no sense when she was thrilled and seemed actually proud of the fact that she had no idea what Burke did.

As for yesterday, poor Joe. What a loser character. I enjoyed him early in the series, but he lost the niceness without gaining anything. Now he's suicidal, he's homicidal and he's STILL BORING. I am so glad that we had Nathan Forbes to demonstrate that it is only the character and the writing....
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: My hero
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 07:36:47 AM »
Wasn't Roger just GREAT today? OK, it doesn't take much to reduce Jeffy to a stammering idiot.  But, Roger just ripped him to shreds! Too bad he lost his steam in the face of Vicky's happy little camper act.

Word!  He was almost (not quite, but almost) like the Roger of yesteryear.  God.  I had forgotten what that was like.  Yeah, you're right, he wimped out, but for one brief shining moment, Roger was Roger and so totally cool and snarky.

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2002, 06:48:47 AM »

As for yesterday, poor Joe. What a loser character.

I like Joe better than Nathan, hated the way Nathan treated Noah!  >:(
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2002, 09:02:45 AM »

Word!  He was almost (not quite, but almost) like the Roger of yesteryear.  God.  I had forgotten what that was like.  

Luciaphil

It was good to see the Roger playing a strong character again. Now, if we could only see Liz that way again too.... ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2002, 02:49:35 PM »
As for yesterday, poor Joe. What a loser character. I enjoyed him early in the series, but he lost the niceness without gaining anything. Now he's suicidal, he's homicidal and he's STILL BORING. I am so glad that we had Nathan Forbes to demonstrate that it is only the character and the writing....

More than likely his character deteroration is the reason Mr. Crothers left the Series. I also enjoyed his early performances.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!