Author Topic: "No Introductions....Please!"  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
"No Introductions....Please!"
« on: August 23, 2002, 03:34:41 AM »
Hey gang,

Was it me misinterpreting the situation, but when Eve said to Jeff, "Let me put my arms around you and kiss you so that you'll remember me," it did NOT look as if Collinsport's most perfectly-coiffed bachelor was making any attempt to spurn Eve's advances.

And, can you imagine what Roger must have been thinking as he witnessed Jeff and Eve "swapping spit," so to speak?  "Now I know why that young rapscallion turned down that job training seminar in Boston several weeks ago!"

Heck, Roger must have come to the conclusion that Jeff must be a Frenchman at heart, with a decidedly "continental" attitude about maintaining both a young, new wife AND a mistress on the side!

It couldn't have been very enjoyable for Roger to see Jeff succeed with so many women.  The poor guy is probably still walking the floors over his recent failed marriage with Cassandra.  Roger must be thinking: "Okay, Jeff is younger than me and has a thicker head of hair than I do.  But, in comparison to Jeff, I'm a man of superior wealth, culture and breeding.  That stunning, raven-haired beauty should be attracted to a man of my position, not some young cad like Clark!"

I tell you, Roger looked so sad and alone in that big, king-sized bed of his.  (They should have been playing Martha and the Motels' song, "Only the Lonely Can Play.") I don't think that he would be dreaming about Vicky's upcoming wedding.  No!  Roger would be dreaming of some of the sweet nothings that Eve (if she only knew him) would say to Roger;sweet nothings, such as: "Roger, you were born to share my bed!"

Bob the Bartender, incurable romantic

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
Re: "No Introductions....Please!"
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2002, 03:50:56 AM »
I guess Jeff was enjoying the smooching session, he made no attempt to stop. Roger spoiled the party.  ;)
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2002, 05:05:52 AM »
Bob the Bartender's
I tell you, Roger looked so sad and alone in that big, king-sized bed of his.  (They should have been playing Martha and the Motels' song, "Only the Lonely Can Play.") I don't think that he would be dreaming about Vicky's upcoming wedding.  No!  Roger would be dreaming of some of the sweet nothings that Eve (if she only knew him) would say to Roger;sweet nothings, such as: "Roger, you were born to share my bed!"

:)  Poor Roger...can't find a decent woman.  A phoenix & a witch....what choices. ;D

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2002, 07:27:40 AM »
Very funny Bob,heehee
i agree that Roger would be dreaming of other things..
$$$, brandy, why do i always pick those strange ones? ...

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2002, 11:30:06 AM »
I wonder why Eve always runs like a bat out of hell everytime someone other than Jeff Clark is around.  Maybe she should have properly introduced herself to Roger saying, "hello, my name is Eve, formally known as Leona Eltrige and Danielle Roget before that.  Actually Jeff and I go way back, as far back as 1795 and we use to be in love. I killed my lover Phillipe for him. Nice meeting you."  I think poor Roger would have needed more than a brandy if he had heard that one. ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2002, 03:07:34 PM »
Hey gang,

We should start a campaign:  "Get Roger Collins a date!"  Perhaps we could submit Roger's name to one of those online dating services that specializes in hooking wealthy, middle-aged men up with some of the more desirable vixens of the nights: witches, phoenix ladies, mad scientist lady doctors (there's one of them in Collinsport already!), lady werewolves, distaff mummies, etc.

Bob the Bartender  

Offline Blue_Whale_Barfly

• Full Poster
  • What do you mean last call!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2002, 03:36:41 PM »
We could always set him up with Darva Conger but given both of their track records that might not be such a good idea.

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2002, 05:47:05 AM »
Back off people, Roger is MINE!  :-*
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2002, 08:29:30 AM »
I think Roger & Julia would make a nice couple. ;)
"Calamity Jane"