Author Topic: Harry Johson: Mr. Cool In the Clutch!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Harry Johson: Mr. Cool In the Clutch!
« on: July 09, 2002, 04:18:36 AM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

Old Harry Johnson really distinguished himself today by his selfless, and, I must say, courageous action in stopping Adam from his suicide attempt.  When Harry first saw Adam brandishing that sharp knife, you'd have thought that Harry would have turned tail and gotten the heck out of that room.  But, no!  Harry tried to wrestle the knife away from the angst-ridden man/monster, and succeeded in retrieving it from him.

I remember how Adam once flung the solidly built, two-hundred-pound Joe Haskell across the living room of the Evans cottage like Joe was a Raggedy Ann doll.  So, I have to believe that the diminutive, yet, feisty Harry would have been thrown through the window, and ended up landing on the Collinwood garden fountain if Adam had persisted in his resistance!

You would think that the self-absorbed Caroyn Stoddard would have been grateful for Harry's quick and decisive action in preventing Adam from ending it all.  But, oh no, the poor, little rich girl had to give the greatly misunderstood Harry Johnson some sarcastic lip!

You know, I think that Harry could provide Adam with a lot of the "practical knowledge" of the world, that the eminent Prof. T. Elliot Stokes just could not convey to Adam.

I think that Adam could have learned some of this "down-to-Earth" information from William H. Loomis.  But there just wasn't enough time for Willie to impart this essential information to Adam at the Old House.

Harry could educate Adam in such important matters as how to play and win at poker, how to handle two kinds of liquor in one night, how to properly utilize male contraception, and what type of weed to insist on.

I can see Carolyn knocking on Adam's West Wing door and entering.  Adam is seated at his table, enjoying a "cigarette."  Carolyn detects an unmistakable, pungent odor in the room.  "What's up, Adam?" Carolyn apprehensively inquires.

Adam gazes languidly up at Carolyn and says, "Carolyn, I feel wonderful.  This is heavy grass.  Would you like a hit?"

"Oh, no thank you, Adam.  I just wanted to know if you need anything?"

Well, I do have a case of the munchies.  Would you mind getting me some Twinkies and a bag of potato chips?"

"I'll send Harry right up with those items.  Bye!"  The door quickly slams shut.

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who, like former First Lady Nancy Reagan urges you all to "Just say no!"

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Johson: Mr. Cool In the Clutch!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2002, 05:59:33 AM »
Speaking of Mr. Cool, have a question.

What happens to him?  For the life of me, I cannot remember--does he get killed? leave town? or go the way of Bobby Martin?  

An inquiring mind wants to know,

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2002, 06:12:04 AM »
Speaking of Mr. Cool, have a question.

What happens to him?  For the life of me, I cannot remember--does he get killed? leave town? or go the way of Bobby Martin?  

An inquiring mind wants to know,

Luciaphil

He is last seen in episode 659 when David takes a picture of Barnabas and Carolyn and Vicki is seen in the background so barnabas knows she is in trouble
and goes back in time to save her i think he is never seen again unless there is some mention of him that i have forgotten in a later episode

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2002, 06:14:46 AM »
He's also in #669, but is played by Edward Marshall instead of Craig Slocum. He was helping his mother clean out the cottage in that one I believe.

Connie

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2002, 06:15:04 AM »

"And one more thing!  No more smoking smelly cigarettes with that Adam creature!!  Do you HEAR me young man??

;D

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2002, 09:14:41 AM »

Old Harry Johnson really distinguished himself today by his selfless, and, I must say, courageous action in stopping Adam from his suicide attempt.  When Harry first saw Adam brandishing that sharp knife, you'd have thought that Harry would have turned tail and gotten the heck out of that room.  But, no!  Harry tried to wrestle the knife away from the angst-ridden man/monster, and succeeded in retrieving it from him.

I thought that scene today was Slocum's best so far.

Connie, that screen capture/caption is hilarious!

ProfStokes

Offline RingoCollins

• Senior Poster
  • I think it was the trousers
    • View Profile
    • Fans On The Run
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2002, 11:05:53 PM »
That whole post is a beaut, BtB!!  [but somehow I doubt Carolyn would refuse!]

and connie!  brilliant with the caption!

Ah, the aroma! [liteye][bawl]

cheers,
Ringo [jester]

Nancy Who? [smokn]
We sing, we dance.....and we don't need pants!

Offline Angelique_s_Sis

• Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2002, 11:22:10 PM »
I thought Harry acted sincere towards Adam's suicide attempt.   Great job by Craig Slocum - very convincing & so kind. :)

Loved the caption, Connie!   ;D

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2002, 12:20:10 AM »
I was rather impressed with Harry too, trying to talk down Adam and point out that Carolyn must like him. I was equally annoyed with Carolyn for scolding Harry - who has since taken a position as an employee and is therefore expected to take orders not only from the family but the guests as well. But then my respect for Carolyn has dropped considerably since seeing the early, pre-Barnabas episodes where she was, and apparently still is, such a nincompoop!

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2002, 12:23:07 AM »

It's Bobby Martin-izing for Harry! Off to the attic, young man! And don't come back down ever again! (Actually, he may have wandered off into the East Wing and found the Parallel Time room.)

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 11:56:48 PM »
Am I the only one who thought this was so out-of-character for Harry, trying to SAVE Adam? Especially since [spoiler]just a few episodes ago he wanted to turn Adam over to the police and collect the reward on him, then pulled a knife on him and threatened to kill Adam when Adam refused to go with him to the police?[/spoiler]

I mean up to this point Harry had been presented as an opportunist ex-con who still hasn't given up his bad boy ways....this change of heart for Adam all of a sudden just seemed to me a bit too unbelievable.