Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0755  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
Re: Discuss - Ep #0755
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 01:59:28 AM »
As far as getting all hot and bothered over Q, I can't help it.  He is just gorgeous and oozes sex appeal.  On top of that, he is a damn fine actor.  Not a combo we get much anymore!  However, if I do ever met David I will totally contain myself.  I cannot stand rude or obnoxious fans. I have met several famous people and have kept my cool and then went to a room a screamed it out! LOL [ghost_cheesy]

It's also very true that you begin to realize what sounds right and what does not!   Thanks Pansity!

I hope you didn't take it the wrong way when I ragged you about your Q reactions!  It cracks me up in a good way, because of the friend I mentioned. I certainly agree with you about the combination of good looking, sexy and very talented actor! Sad thing is that so many only see the first two, and totally ignore part 3.  (I must have said this before, but it's frustration with that shallow view that made me start writing the performance reviews that became my Selby fansite.) As I've said before, what I've run into in other fandoms is more of a balance, like what is seen on this board.  The same core in fandom who would do joke clubs like the Harrison Ford Chest Lovers Society also held long, detailed discussions, both at panels discussions and in letterzines, of such non hunky Ford projects as Mosquito Coast.

Its the increasing inbalance in this fandom which is why I felt I needed to stress that my friend behaved herself with Selby, not any reflection on what you would do.  I figure you'd know how to behave, even before you said you share my pet peeve about obnoxious fans.  [ghost_wink] Unfortunately it seems everyone who's attended Fests has their own stories about fans with no manners. [ghost_shocked]

On the writing stuff, you're quite welcome!

Midnite, thanks for fixing my blooper!  I knew I would mess it up somewhere when I started trying to quote from multiple posts.  [embb]

Jeannie

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 03:17:07 AM »
I didn't take it wrong at all Pansy!! 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 10:20:53 AM »
I love hearing my favorite dramatic music - "Bum... Bum... Bummmmm" - at the end of this episode! There was an echo! Gave me goosebumps. [ghost_cheesy]

Many milestones in this episode. Since there's a limited amount of Smileys allowed, I'm using just one milestone for all of them. [milestone] Dirk saw Barnabas disappear when Laura made the flames... Beth told Quentin what happened to him - that he was a werewolf.... Dirk found Ben Stokes's diary (I believe it was the first time that someone found it) ... Laura and Dirk went to Ben's grave and retrieved the diary. Of course, the most important one, at least to me, was the one about Quentin finding out what happened to him! [Wolfie]

Attributing a quote needs some additional code... to credit a post without a link, this BB code will work:

Code: [Select]
[quote author=member's name]TEXT[/quote]
This will help me a lot with my posts. Thanks for the tip, Midnite. [thumb]

The highlight for me was when Beth was explaining to Quentin about what happened to him. Wonderfully acted out by DS and TC.  I'm glad that Quentin didn't have to wait too long to find out, and that Beth was able to talk him out of killing Magda. [whew] By the way, I love the screen capture on the Home Page of Quentin and Beth with the quote from Quentin: "I'm going to kill Magda!" Ooh! Quentin with an open, tattered shirt! Dreamy! [luv] The expression on Beth's face was great, too.

Quote from: Taeylor Collins
As far as getting all hot and bothered over Q, I can't help it.  He is just gorgeous and oozes sex appeal.  On top of that, he is a damn fine actor.
I agree, Taeylor!  [ghost_rolleyes]

Quentin had his priorities. As much as he wanted to get rid of Laura, when Barnabas approached him with more information, Quentin blew him off. Quentin's being a werewolf and wanting to get help from Evan Hanley was all he was thinking about. [ghost_sad]

Laura was very smart to figure out that Barnabas was a "creature of the night". Nobody else took the time or energy in that endeavor. But Laura had an ulterior motive because Barnabas was getting in the way of her plans with Jamison and Nora. I thought it was great when Barnabas appeared at Ben's gravesite just as Laura and Dirk were uncovering Ben's diary! [ghost_shocked] How did Barnabas know, I wonder?

Not to Self: It's time to watch more episodes!

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »
This will help me a lot with my posts. Thanks for the tip, Midnite. [thumb]

You're welcome.  But the shortened code wasn't meant as a replacement for all quote links.  The purpose of the quote link is to make it easy for the reader to read the quoted passage in its full context, which is key if the quote is part of a bigger discussion.  Without a link, this can be more difficult if the original post isn't directly above the response, or if the member you're quoting has more than one post in the same topic, and even moreso if the quotations are on a different page from their source posts (such your post in the discussion for #756).

So while the shortened code is better than no attribution at all, quote links are still preferred most of the time.  I apologize if my suggestion was misleading.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 11:38:24 AM »
Sorry, Midnite. [ashamed3] I was thinking that using a shortened quote code would be a faster way to write a post when I use a quote (or, especially, several quotes). [ideag] When I use the quote link (click on quote or insert quote), I have to delete the passages of the post that I don't want to use. [ghost_nowink] If I use the shortened code, I can just copy and paste the passages that I do want to use. [ghost_smiley] It's a hassle to delete long sections of a long-winded post when I use the quote link. [ghost_tongue]

But I see your point that it's more difficult for the reader to read the full context of the quoted passage. I guess I'll just have to "bite the bullet" and spend a lot of time deleting a lot of unwanted passages. [ghost_rolleyes] Unless there's another way to avoid all that deleting. [ghost_huh]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 10:16:02 PM »
Diana has gorgeous eyes and in a lot of ways her and Angelique look/act alike!  Although, I think Laura is no match for the all powerful Angelique!
I was thinking, during that scene in the foyer with Laura and Beth, how it would have been if Lara Parker had played Laura and Diana Millay had played Angelique.  I couldn't imagine Millay giving Angelique the willingness to grovel that Parker's Angelique had.

Thank goodness Laura was speaking, else Quentin would have walked right in on the conspirators.  At least this time he seems to have been elsewhere when he came to, and not transforming in the middle of the foyer.
I think Quentin didn't transform in the foyer last time either.  My thought today was: "So that's how he ended up on the floor last time!"

I felt sorry for Quentin.  He would have had such fun being nasty to Laura and Dirk!  But he couldn't show himself to them, and even if he could have, he was too tired to care.

the dress was so wrong that I can't help but wonder if it was a last-minute replacement for something else.
Maybe Roger Davis tore the original dress during rehearsal.  I liked this dress, and didn't think about whether it was right or wrong.  Did anybody notice Laura's shoes?

A+++++++++++++++++ for the chest shots!
I thought of you when I saw them, Taeylor.

Gosh, what a lovely line, when Laura tells Beth that dawn is about the time Quentin usually goes to bed - "unless you've changed him."

As for Ben and his various writings, maybe he was just working on improving his vocabulary.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 04:36:32 AM »
I hope you don't think me to shallow Lydia!  I do value story as well! 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 01:00:45 PM »
Taeylor, I don't think that an appreciation for beauty makes you shallow.  But why should you care what I think?  Take Magda for your role model and don't care what anybody thinks!  Except your grandmother, of course.