Author Topic: Worst Episodes  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Satan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Worst Episodes
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 06:27:53 AM »
Up until Eve came into the storyline, the Dream Curse / Adam storyline sucked. DVD Collection 8 is horrible to watch from this storyline because the show never got anywhere.

I love Dennis Patrick's characters. Even though he was more better as Jason McGuire, it was great the show thought of him when casting Paul. I can't wait to get the rest of The Leviathan storyline on DVD.

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 10:12:15 PM »
[size=8]VWR....THANK YOU THANK YOU!![/size]

Patti

sorry Steve
What a Woman!

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 02:15:01 AM »
Up until Eve came into the storyline, the Dream Curse / Adam storyline sucked. DVD Collection 8 is horrible to watch from this storyline because the show never got anywhere.

I love Dennis Patrick's characters. Even though he was more better as Jason McGuire, it was great the show thought of him when casting Paul. I can't wait to get the rest of The Leviathan storyline on DVD.

i have to say that i kind of got a kick out of the dream curse storyline.it was the cheesiest thing ever but it used characters like david,sam and mrs. johnson at a time when they otherwise weren't being featured prominently.
but adam...yuck.you're right that the storyline was spinning on it's wheels until eve arrived.she finally provided a bit of resolve to an endless plot.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2005, 05:06:37 PM »
Can't say that I ever totally hated an episode of DS, but I come the closest with some of the  PT1841 storyline, towards the end of the series.  I just never found myself emotionally invested in any of those characters.  Except Morgan Collins, whom I really did hate.
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline stefan

• Full Poster
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2005, 02:22:48 AM »
Except Morgan Collins, whom I really did hate.

I have one tape of the Morgan Collins, Catherine Collins, Bramwell Collins bunch and found it OK, nice to see JF in something different and he DOES appear different. Nice to see Lara Parker in something different and think she steals the show as Catherine. But, is it me or am I not noticing a little Roger Corman influence by this point? In the music, garish set designs in lots of orange and red, pacing and dark (but not charming or atmospheric as in earlier DS) lighting and endless talk about going into a "room"...  [spoiler]poor Bramwell finally gets pushed into the "room",[/spoiler]well, anyway, geez....I hate to think this was in store for the vibrant Collins family. I'd rather see a vampire or two.

The actor who played Morgan had nice dimples and I didn't find him unobjectionable. Not bad really, considering the part.

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2005, 09:51:22 PM »
I've given this a fair amount of thought and to my utter surprise, I don't have an episode in mind. There were SLs that I hated--hell, I loathed all of 1841PT, but I think I always found something moderately entertaining to keep me going...
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2005, 01:33:28 AM »

1841PT was my least favorite period in the series, mainly because there was absolutely no connection to the RT characters.  It almost felt like a seperate DS spin-off series.  That being said, I still enjoyed 1841PT to degrees.  I got into the whole "Lottery" thing, and the Bramwell, Catherine and Morgan triangle was decent.  Still, it was lame, and kind of weird, to end the show in a 19th century parallel dimension with none of the series' main characters present.  Then again, I suppose doing such a thing  left the fans eternally hungry for more DS, and spawned countless fanfics and lots of speculation.

~Penny Dreadful~ 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 10:56:17 PM »
Just about every episode of 1970 Parallel Time story. Will and Carolyn Loomis were the only bright spots (and they weren't on a whole lot!) I never cared for the whole [spoiler]Jekyll/Hyde aspect, nor did I care anything about Quentin and Maggie. They didn't click in RT and even less so than PT time. Even the Angelique killing Alexis and taking over her idenity[/spoiler] did nothing for me.