Author Topic: Elliott Stokes?  (Read 1011 times)

Offline DSFAN4EVER

• Junior Poster
  • ...yeah, yeah I know BIG TEETH run in our family!!
    • View Profile
Elliott Stokes?
« on: September 10, 2002, 05:34:06 PM »
Who the hell is he?  I think our new Ms. Vicki make a mistake. (her 1st if I'm not mistaken)
Hey, and how about Jeff's/Peter's disappearing act? [ghost]
PEACE TO ALL!!!!

DSFAN4EVER

Offline CandleLighter

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Elliott Stokes?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 06:12:03 PM »
I believe Professor Stokes name is Timothy Eliot Stokes

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2002, 08:54:10 PM »
In future episodes, all characters--Julia, Barnabas, Elizabeth, etc.--refer to him as Eliot Stokes even though he currently goes by Timothy.  I always felt that the writers had grown careless when they made the change.  His full name is Timothy Eliot Stokes.

ProfStokes

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2002, 09:51:02 PM »
In future episodes, all characters--Julia, Barnabas, Elizabeth, etc.--refer to him as Eliot Stokes even though he currently goes by Timothy.  I always felt that the writers had grown careless when they made the change.  His full name is Timothy Eliot Stokes.

Unless I'm mistaken (which I may well be) the character was introduced post 1795 as "T. Eliot Stokes." I have heard Julia refer to him as and call him Eliot but I have not heard anyone mention the name "Timothy."

His counterpart in parallel time, when we get there, is called Timothy Stokes, father of Alexis and Angelique. That is the only time I recall anyone using the name Timothy.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2002, 09:52:30 PM »
Delightfully also known as Professor T. Eliot Stokes.  I think Sam Hall is on record somewhere as saying that that was his and Gordon's little salute to T. S. Eliot (whose Waste Land could be a description of Collinwood on acid--think of it, Magda as Madam Sosostris, etc.)

Gothick

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2002, 02:18:35 AM »
Unless I'm mistaken (which I may well be) the character was introduced post 1795 as "T. Eliot Stokes." I have heard Julia refer to him as and call him Eliot but I have not heard anyone mention the name "Timothy."

His counterpart in parallel time, when we get there, is called Timothy Stokes, father of Alexis and Angelique. That is the only time I recall anyone using the name Timothy.

The first time we see the regular-time character (when he comes to Collinwood to make an offer on Angelique's painting), Vicki introduces him to Barnabas and then again to Roger as Professor Timothy Stokes.  And he tells Angelique his name is Timothy Stokes when he tries to stop the dream curse, but that may have been the last time.