Author Topic: Denice Nickerson  (Read 2061 times)

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Denice Nickerson
« on: September 05, 2002, 07:12:36 PM »
Denice Nickerson, or Amy as she is known, did a great job today.  When she walked in at Wyndcliff, she took that scene away from Don Briscoe.  
I thought she was great.  She cries, throws things around, tells you " to just leave" and mean it.  

I think, that a little girl, packs quite a punch.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline VAM

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
Re: Denice Nickerson
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2002, 07:28:09 PM »
 When she walked in at Wyndcliff, she took that scene away from Don Briscoe.  

Both Denise Nickerson and David Henesy had a way with stealing scenes from the adult actors or actresses.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2002, 08:48:35 PM »
She is great and she has more wonderful scenes
with Don. she is so convincing!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2002, 09:00:11 PM »
denise nickerson is quite a little actress, glad they brought her in instead of going back to the sarah collins actress...as much as i liked the girl, you just had to wait a bit till her next flub, or stare down of the teleprompter.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2002, 10:32:01 PM »
Denice Nickerson...took that scene away from Don Briscoe.

Not to discount young Miss Nickerson's talents by any means, but a gust of wind could upstage Don Briscoe. I'd like for someone to give him a paper bag just to see if he could actually act his way out of it.
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2002, 12:12:52 AM »
One of my favorite anecdotes from KLS' "Scrapbook Memories" book was a time when KLS and Grayson Hall stood by off camera and watched one of the little girl actresses (undoubtably Nickerson) deliver a flawless page of dialogue. Grayson turned to Scott and murmered "Forty if she's a day."

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2002, 12:26:29 AM »
one of the more memorable scenes with her is, and its on the blooper tape, when her and david come out of the secret passageway in the drawing room, with candles lit, and listen in on the jennings carolyn conversation, well amys candle has gone out already, and david is suppose to blow his candle out, turn, and blow hers out, and before he does, you can see amys face, like she knows whats about to happen, and as he turns, he blows a non existant candle, and he laughs a little, and she grins , but the scene goes great.
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2002, 01:13:24 AM »
Tripwire,

I consider myself lucky to have met Denise at the 2001 Festival in NYC. She still has a great smile!

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2002, 01:29:24 AM »
I was really struck by it also. It is so hard for children to act "natural" in the spotlight. And she did the troubled child just right, not overdone at all-with the underlying cause of sadness being understood. Bravo!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2002, 01:42:27 AM »
Denise Nickerson has always been, and still is, one classy woman and actress.  She has her own website and invites people to e-mail her anytime.  I did so once, just to tell her that as a fan I appreciated all the wonderful memories of watching her not only on DS, but on Willie Wonka, the Brady Bunch, etc.  I told her that I did not expect her to write back, that she must obviously be busy and receive tons of fan e-mail.  She did write back, saying that of COURSE she would, with a very personalized response.  Ever since, I will send her an e-mail every few months just to say hi and once again how appreciated she is.  She'll write right back, remembering exactly who I am, and asking all sorts of questions about what's going on with my life.  She actually remembers all that.  She is - and always will be - a First Class Act.

Gerard

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2002, 03:04:16 AM »
I too think the scene from today with Denise was wonderful. . very poignant. . .I wished she'd had more time at the 2001 NYC fest, ChrisP just talked way too long. . .hope she comes this year. . i've been thinking of emailing her myself and expressing that hope and then emailing Pierson and saying. .make sure she gets some time!  I love her voice. .who would've thought little Amy would have a deeper voice than Dr. Hoffman when she grew up??  It must've been all those cigs she and DH smoked in Joan's dressing room.
Julia99

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2002, 06:49:36 AM »
I think, that a little girl, packs quite a punch.

When I watched Dark Shadows in the 60's as a little girl, I always thought her and David were brother and sister. I liked seeing them.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Julianka7

• Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2002, 08:47:13 AM »
Denise Nickerson has always been, and still is, one classy woman and actress.  She has her own website and invites people to e-mail her anytime.  I did so once, just to tell her that as a fan I appreciated all the wonderful memories of watching her not only on DS, but on Willie Wonka, the Brady Bunch, etc.  I told her that I did not expect her to write back, that she must obviously be busy and receive tons of fan e-mail.  She did write back, saying that of COURSE she would, with a very personalized response.  Ever since, I will send her an e-mail every few months just to say hi and once again how appreciated she is.  She'll write right back, remembering exactly who I am, and asking all sorts of questions about what's going on with my life.  She actually remembers all that.  She is - and always will be - a First Class Act.

I visited her web page too. She was kind enough to
answer my e-mail and respond again when I wrote her
back. A very classy lady.

Offline Lindsey

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2002, 05:42:22 AM »
I don't believe I have ever visited her webpage. Does anyone happen to have the address? Thanks!

-Lindsey
"What is the truth?" 
"That I love you.  No matter how much I fight my feelings, I will always love you."
                          -Barnabas and Angelique 1840

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2002, 01:57:30 PM »
I don't believe I have ever visited her webpage. Does anyone happen to have the address? Thanks!

Lindsey,

Here is the address:

www.members.aol.com/denisenickerson