Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0008  (Read 3430 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0008
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2011, 12:20:56 AM »
EW wasn't in The Fugitive.  Do you remember Edith Bunker's cousin with a philandering husband?

Not offhand, thanks Midnite.    At ImdB now...  The Birds, The Graduate, maybe.... it was someone else in The Fugitive apparently, but similar looking, I keep getting a flash of an image.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline ProfStokes

• * Ingenious Intellect *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2011, 03:40:35 AM »
EW wasn't in The Fugitive.  Do you remember Edith Bunker's cousin with a philandering husband?

Wow! That episode was just on Antenna TV last night.  I sure didn't recognize Wilson.  Must've been the 15 lost lbs and the facelift. ;)

ProfStokes

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2011, 04:13:18 AM »
Must've been the 15 lost lbs and the facelift. ;)

[lghy]

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 08:30:44 AM »
Where else have I seen her?
Picnic?
What a coincidence! I just saw Picnic recently! It was made the year I was born. [ghost_smiley]

That particular scene is that reason that I finally finished watching all of the original Dark Shadows today.  Previously I had watched episode 8, but on a DVD that was missing this scene. Now I've got a later one.  With apologies to Emerald Rose: [milestone]
That's OK, Lydia!  [ghost_wink] I sure am glad that I waited to buy that DVD! [ghost_cheesy]

I was thrilled when Joe said he got a raise! [ghost_grin] It's too bad that Elizabeth set it up. [ghost_nowink] It's also too bad that Joe is in love with Carolyn and wants to marry her; but Carolyn, even though she loves him, too, doesn't want to get married. Poor Joe!  [ghost_sad] I don't blame him for not accepting that job arrangement; he should earn a raise on his own.

I really hate it that, even after Vicki found out from Miss Hopewell that Elizabeth was lying, Elizabeth continued to lie. It would have been great if [spoiler]Elizabeth had confessed to Vicki that she was indeed the one who sent that money to her every month and that Elizabeth was her mother! Too bad it never happened. [ghost_undecided][/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2011, 04:36:50 AM »
It would seem that Elizabeth would have come up with a better cover story about hiring Vickie and why involve Roger.  She could have just said a person who wishes to remain anonymous told her.  Then when she thinks Joe knows "all the rest" she really loses it.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »
It would seem that Elizabeth would have come up with a better cover story about hiring Vickie and why involve Roger.  She could have just said a person who wishes to remain anonymous told her.  Then when she thinks Joe knows "all the rest" she really loses it.

Maybe they were thinking about a Great Expectations storyline, with ECS as Mrs. Haversham!   It seems to me after all the build-up and the implications about Liz being her mother, they'd feel obligated to go the other way, and have the benefactor be someone else, for some other reason.   Or it could be the father sending the checks, with Liz or another woman as the mother.   No one talks about who the father might be.   
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
It seems like Liz is used to getting her own way.  She wants to control things, like getting her daughter married.

It was to obvious that Liz, wanted Joe, to have the means to support Carolyn. Would there be a even better job?

I don't think that Joe could support Carolyn in the manner she had become accustomed to.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2011, 08:03:51 PM »
It just occurred to me that Joe is safe.  Elizabeth knows him and knows that he's not after Carolyn for her money.  The way that Burke has attracted Carolyn makes it seem that it wouldn't take much for her to run off an marry him and he'd have gotten his foot in the door to Collinwood.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times