Author Topic: JG-L went ‘full Janet’ in the Christmas episode of ‘Lip Sync Battle’  (Read 609 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Seriously?  Maybe I've been living in a cave, but we now have reality TV lip-sync competitions?  Like Dancing with the Has-Beens?  (Except JG-L is no has-been.)  I cannot believe that the general public actually watches this stuff.  At least DS--in spite of its flaws--was creative and original, and captured the attention of those of us who were looking for something new in the late 1960s.

Sorry,  but I cannot validate this program.  I'm actually insulted that the TV networks consider this a "talent" venue.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I don't watch because I don't have SPIKE, but as I understand it, it's a really popular show.  [nodassent]

Offline Brian

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Maybe you're lucky NOT to have SPIKE.  Isn't it like (formerly) a redneck/a$$hole male cable channel?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It was. But surprisingly even then 46% of their audience was women, so now they're trying appeal to more women. Their slogan has even gone through several transformations, from "TV For Men" to "Get More Action" to "Get Real" and lately to "The Ones to Watch." If I'd had it, I probably would have watched the TV version of Blade because I liked the films - but other than Lip Sync Battle, I honestly have little idea what they have on the network nowadays. I can't escape seeing articles about LSB because it pops up every week on nearly every entertainment Web site I regularly check out...