Author Topic: ABC Soaps in Depth Top 100 Couples List  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
ABC Soaps in Depth Top 100 Couples List
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:25:43 PM »
Barnabas and Angelique made it to number 48 on this list, hurray!! No Barnabas and Julia, no Barnabas and Josette, not even Quentin and Daphne, bur rather the one and only Mr. ans Mrs. Barnabas Collins--double hurray!!

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: ABC Soaps in Depth Top 100 Couples List
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
 [8311] LOL!  Well at least DS received some exposure!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 01:46:35 AM »
Same list, but appearing in an earlier issue:

99. Langley and Phoebe (AMC)

Strangely enough, I found their relationship dynamics to be totally fascinating, but I can't say I think of B & A as a "couple."

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:38:36 PM »
[pointing-up] Agreed.  The word couple implies mutual affection and a wish to be together, emotions B & A certainly weren't sharing.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:52:59 PM »
I'm really surprised not to see Barnabas and Josette listed as a couple in this survey.  If you look back at the early to middle years of organized DS fandom (I'm thinking 1970s-1980s-into the early 1990s here), B & J meant Barn/Josette, PERIOD.  People made and sold a number of Barn/Josette accessories--I think one enterprising fan had bought up a bunch of little pink heart shaped pillows and embroidered them with lacy frills and the linked names of the happy couple.

It's nice to see that Langley and Phoebe were remembered.  I never got to see any of that, but I know that was a wonderful time for both Louis Edmonds and Ruth Warrick, judging from interviews I have read with both.

As I write this post, I'm recalling one of my favorite scenes in all DS, when Mrs. Cassandra Collins is paying a friendly neighborhood call to dear cousin Barnabas (*wry grin*) and finally blurts out to Barnabas:  "Oh, why couldn't you ever love me?"  He tells her flatly:  "I loved Josette!"  Her riposte:  "I hate you!"  And his reply:  "You've proven that!"

cheers, G.

Offline fridfreak

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 03:13:02 AM »
Barnabas and Angelique??? Please! My vote would have gone for Barnabas and Josette.  Now that was a couple.
Long live the vampire and his love (Barnabas and Maggie)

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 04:11:24 AM »
i can see why this choice was made.

barnabas and josette were more of an "idea" than an actual couple.yes he carried a torch for her around for two hundred years which is very romatic but we actually saw them as an actual,flesh and blood couple for a couple of months.

most of the time that jonathan frid and kathryn leigh scott worked together she was playing maggie evans or some other character...not josette.

but barnabas and angelique shared years worth of love/hate/push/pull material.frid and lara parker were more of a "couple" in that sense.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.