Author Topic: josettes wedding dress  (Read 2364 times)

Offline denise

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
josettes wedding dress
« on: March 26, 2003, 07:00:38 PM »
Was the wedding dress worn by Kitty Josette the one used in House of Dark Shadows? It looks familiar. Of all the previous dresses this one far surpasses the rest.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
  • Hey sailor, how 'bout I light your Lucky?
    • View Profile
Re: Josette's wedding dress
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2003, 10:10:19 PM »
It certainly looked like the same dress.  Was wondering this myself, and it also occurred to me, wasn't Josette buried in her wedding dress?  If so, isn't it just a tad creepy that the same dress shows up in Kitty's room.  Maybe it isn't the same one, but if it is - yecch!  I don't even want to go there!!!  :-X
My lady abandoned heaven, abandoned earth...to Ray's Wig World she descended.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:josettes wedding dress
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2003, 02:08:47 AM »
Was the wedding dress worn by Kitty Josette the one used in House of Dark Shadows? It looks familiar. Of all the previous dresses this one far surpasses the rest.

Denise, do you mean the off-white dress that Kitty wore when she met up with Jeremiah?  If so, I don't remember it in HoDS but I could be mistaken.  But I was wondering if it's the same one that Angelique tricks P.T. Maggie into wearing-- does anyone know?

SPOILER...

BTW, that wasn't Josette's wedding dress, but you *will* see Kitty in that one toward the end of this storyline.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2003, 05:06:12 PM »
Well, a check of a great HoDS website reveals that the dress Kitty was wearing when she met up with Jeremiah's ghost *wasn't* the same one Maggie wore at the end of HoDS for her aborted 'wedding' to Barnabas.  But it appears that it *may* have been the same dress Ms. Evans wore to the Collinwood costume party earlier in the movie.  The wedding dress is an empire-waisted early 1800's gown, while the party dress is more 1780's/early 1790's - longer waisted - like Naomi used to wear on the show.

Check out pages 1, 2 & 7 of the photo gallery section:

http://users.rcn.com/mfmiozza/hods.html

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2003, 06:48:48 PM »
But it appears that it *may* have been the same dress Ms. Evans wore to the Collinwood costume party earlier in the movie.  The wedding dress is an empire-waisted early 1800's gown, while the party dress is more 1780's/early 1790's - longer waisted - like Naomi used to wear on the show.

Hmmm, I thought the dress Maggie wore to the party in HoDS, though similar in design, was a different fabric (white, for one thing), but as I said I could be mistaken and it does seem odd that they'd make 2 of them.  I can post pics of them side by side when I have a chance to dig up my tapes. :)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2003, 11:57:00 PM »
Are the dresses the same?  I can't decide...

Kitty on the series, wearing one of Josette's dresses:

Maggie in HoDS, also wearing one of Josette's dresses:

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2003, 12:09:11 AM »
I'm putting my money on the dresses being the same (meaning, the one Maggie wore to the ball), and if my faulty memory serves me, the same one Angelique tricked Maggie Collins into wearing in the 1970PT story.  From Midnite's posted picks, they (the Jeremiah dress and the HoDS dress) do look exactly alike.

Gerard

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2003, 12:09:42 AM »
I don't think it's the same dress.  The one from the series has that awful bow-looking thing at the top of the bodice, but the one from the movie doesn't appear to have it.  Unless, of course, the original dress was altered for the movie.

rain
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2003, 12:20:16 AM »
But I was wondering if it's the same one that Angelique tricks P.T. Maggie into wearing-- does anyone know?

It sure looks the same to me:

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 12:27:09 AM »
It sure looks the same to me:

Aha, LOL!  Thanks!!!

Offline onyx_treasure

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2003, 01:25:19 AM »
     The dress appears to be the same to me.  Bows and lace are easy to put on and remove.
      By the way, I see RD in the picture wearing tight "Nathan Forbes" pants and there is nothing there.  It explains his shouting and hysterics.  He is over-compensating.
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Connie

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2003, 08:39:19 AM »
By the way, I see RD in the picture wearing tight "Nathan Forbes" pants and there is nothing there.  It explains his shouting and hysterics.  He is over-compensating.

Looks like there's something there to me.  (What, I don't know).  Actually, RD strikes me as the type of person who, if there WASN'T much there, he'd stuff something IN there.
Roger Davis - Master of Realism.

[gring]

PS  That's definitely the same dress IMHO.

Offline Cassandra Blair

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2003, 10:44:34 PM »
     The dress appears to be the same to me.  Bows and lace are easy to put on and remove.

Yeah, I'm thinking that it is the same dress - they just changed out the trimming on the bodice.  Thanks, Midnite and MB for posting those pics, it was fun getting to the bottom of the mystery of Josette's dress, LOL!

As to Roger Davis - I couldn't have said it better myself!  (tee hee hee!)  ::)

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2003, 09:18:34 PM »

Ah ha, that DOES explain something doesn't it? He is definately no "Nathan"! (Though I can't help but wonder if Nathan was somewhat "enhanced" himself).
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2003, 08:36:04 PM »
Thanks for all these pictures.

I know it is completely off topic, but I just love the dress Julia wears to that ball in hoDS.  She looks diVoon in it!

Steve