Author Topic: Leviiathon question  (Read 4949 times)

Offline michaelhacketttodd

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Leviiathon question
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2012, 12:23:58 AM »
In an interview attached to one of the "Collectors Edition" VHS tapes, Alexandra said Dan Curtis asked her to return to the show and she replied, "Only as a Demon" because she never liked playing the goodie-two-shoes Vickie Winters.  Curtis refused and that was the end of Vickie.  Perhaps he killed her off in the past to Spite Alexandra.  Curtis realized the fans would only accept Alexandra in the role of the Heroin Vickie and even Alexandra admitted to this fact in the interview, but she was adamant and so was Curtis.  It's all about the  [ghost_mad] Fans.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »
Wise viewers realize that, as much as they may tend to think they know what they want or will accept, they don't really know till they see it.   Good writers create unexpected situations which viewers would never expect or even think they'd want to see, in some cases, and they sell it with great ideas, plot, and dialogue.   We're not writers, so we can't imagine these great, inspired plotlines that might legitimize an idea such as Moltke as some evil creature, but it can be done.   It would be worth doing specifically because it would be so strange and unexpected and challenging to the viewer.

[candle_in_skull] [bat7628] [candle_in_skull]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2013, 12:13:29 AM »
Do we know for sure what the year was when Vicki met her fate? Are we sure it was 1797?
I had the impression that it happened very soon after Barnabas left them in 1796, mostly because Peter refers to her as Victoria Winters, not Victoria Bradford, or even my wife Victoria. I'm thinking it may have happened so soon that Victoria and Peter never had a chance to marry.
I'm not opposed to being wrong here, it would be nice to think Peter and Vicky had a little time togather.
For what it's worth I've read that Lara Parker's fourth book currently being written will involve bringing Victoria back to modern day Collinwood, I think it'll be even in the 2010s with Vicky meeting a new generation of Collins. I'm really looking forward to this, like many other fans I've been waiting many years for Vicky to be saved and brought home.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2013, 12:24:41 AM »
Perhaps he killed her off in the past to Spite Alexandra. 

Sadly, I think this happened in a couple instances on the program.   [easter_sad]

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2013, 12:38:11 AM »
I really hate to think that Dan Curtis killed her off just to spite the actress, but unfortunately I think there's a good chance that's what happened.
I had read that KLS thought that Dan sent Maggie to Windcliff when she left DS because he thought she was crazy to leave. At least she was only had a breakdown and got sent away, so a recovery was possible.
Not that death is by an means permenent on DS. Barnabas went back and saved her once before, so she could be saved again.

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »
For what it's worth I've read that Lara Parker's fourth book currently being written will involve bringing Victoria back to modern day Collinwood, I think it'll be even in the 2010s with Vicky meeting a new generation of Collins. I'm really looking forward to this, like many other fans I've been waiting many years for Vicky to be saved and brought home.

QuentinCollins,

Dark Shadows author Dale Clark did bring Vicky back to modern day Collinwood in his series of superb Dark Shadows novels.

Bob

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2013, 12:47:01 AM »
Yes, I have the Dale Clark novels and they are very very good.
This is a sticky point for some people, but as good as they were, they were non licenced fan fiction. I consider it an alternate universe- but one I am very fond of.
Lara Parker's novels are offical licenced novels so they count more. It doesn't make them any better, but more offical. I understand that other people aren't going to agree here, and I know many fans don't consider the audios, books and comics canon. I do.