Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0275  (Read 740 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0275
« on: August 11, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
Robservations - #275

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0275

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »
I do enjoy scenes with Jason and Willie, when Jason drops all pretense, and Willie is at his wit's end.  How interesting that Willie was able to tell Jason that Barnabas was - well, that he wasn't alive.  I wouldn't have thought such a betrayal was possible.

So, does Barnabas now have two manservants to do his bidding?  Gosh, how I'd love to see Jason as a vampire victim!

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »
We have the first non-AM voiceover, read by Nancy Barrett. I suppose the writers felt that the story was becoming too non-Vicki-centric to justify continuing the same style of VOs.

The mystery of Carolyn's whereabouts is solved as we see film of her roaming the beach below Widows Hill. We know she's broken up with Buzz because she has traded in her stovepipe pants for a dress. Later, she watches with loving care as her mother finally drifts off to sleep.

Absolutely priceless scenes with Jason and Willie. Willie's frantic panic and Jason's insufferable smugness are fabulous.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:12:49 PM »
Once again, for the sake of someone he cares about, Willie is able to exert his will power enough to tell Jason that Barnabas is one of the living dead.

Interesting idea or writer goof?

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 06:23:25 PM »
Supposedly the replacement of Alexanrdra was a cost saving measure as they had to pay her for it, and it would make sense as now she is no longer the focus of the show and appearing in less episodes. It seems strange and the actors voices don't always math how their characters speak.
Another exterior shot with Carolyn on the beach. It must be close to the end of those also.
Poor Willie. Beaten again. Foolish Jason hasn't been around long enough to know that strange things exist at Collinwood.
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 10:39:27 PM »
Willie and Jason had been pals for a long time, so I don't find it implausible that he could summon up enough free will to tell him the truth about Barnabas. Too bad Jason was too stupid and greedy to listen to him.

Jason is so sure that he can 'take care' of Barnabas if Barnabas should happen to find him....uh, yeah, Jason you sure did a good job of that when Barnabas' hand came out of the coffin and grabbed you by the throat! Good job taking care of him, McGuire!

Loved the scenes between Carolyn and Elizabeth. When all is said and done Carolyn's devotion to her mother won out.