Author Topic: Joseph Gordon Levitt "Comes Out"  (Read 757 times)

David

Joseph Gordon Levitt "Comes Out"
« on: March 28, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
Not really, but Joseph (David on the '91 NBC DS) is in the new film "Latter Days" due out shortly.

The film is about two gay Mormon missionaries in love. Should raise a few eyebrows!

Though Joseph is straight, he has done some gay theatre in New York, and did a same sex kiss as a gay character in a guest shot on
That 70s Show.

Definitely a guy who's comfortable with his own sexual identity, bless his heart!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Joseph Gordon Levitt "Comes Out"
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 08:43:52 PM »
The film is about two gay Mormon missionaries in love. Should raise a few eyebrows!

Only a few?!!

[wink2]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:25:40 PM »
David, that movie was already released out here in the East Coast a few weeks ago.  I saw it with my movie buddy.  It's kind of a mixed bag--some good strong performances (mainly from the two protagonists, and Jackie Bisset has a great supporting role as a world-weary restaurant owner), good camerawork, and an epically dreadful script--a lot of the speeches sound as if cribbed from Shirley Maclaine's self-help books of the 70s and 80s.

It does present a harrowing staging of a Mormon "treatment center" for gay children.  Pretty strong stuff.

Gordon-Leavitt certainly has grown up since his work on Dark Shadows and that other show.  His hair is short now.  He only has one good scene in this movie, but he does a wonderful job with it.  I hope he continues to find work on a par with his abilities.

cheers, Steve

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 09:46:16 PM »
Johnny Depp is also comfortable with his sexual identity.  I remember him in a movie (I don't really remember the name) and he played a man that was gay in prison and, in the same movie, he was also a guard.  This is a very serious movie too.  He looked great in the pink sweater and skirt...even if he had a mustash.   ;)

Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.