Author Topic: The Montage!!!  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Luciaphile

• ** Collinsport Commentator **
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
The Montage!!!
« on: April 01, 2002, 06:41:32 AM »
;D

MB, you are a genius!

Luciaphil
"Some people ask their god for answers to their spiritual questions. For everything else, there is Google." --rpcxdr-ga

Offline Minja

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Montage!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2002, 07:03:46 AM »
It's about time...I've been waiting for the tally meter to click to something besides 0!

[shadow=teal,left,300]Always, Minja[smrtasb][/shadow]
Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.
-From the song "For Good" from "Wicked"

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2002, 07:19:25 AM »
It's nice to see Craig Slocum's picture on there, looking forward to seeing him this week! I will never be swayed. He's the best!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2002, 11:05:37 PM »
Yes Cheryl!!  I thought of you right away when I saw Craig's picture up there. :)  I knew how happy you'd be to see that!! Pretty soon!!  ;)
"Calamity Jane"

TEStokes

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2002, 11:37:50 PM »
I have never seen Jerry Lacy look so good as on today's montage! He is actually hot in the pic on the montage!

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2002, 06:37:53 AM »
MB thanks for the nice photos of this week's cast!
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline LarasBestBuddy

• Lara is still my best buddy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2002, 06:20:21 PM »
He aint bad, that's for sure! 8)
With warmest regards,

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2002, 05:15:53 AM »

Always nice to see Craig again!  :-* Too bad I will miss the 2 eps with him on Friday 6/28, I will be at the Dark Shadows Festival, what a nice way to commemorate him all in one day. I watched the eps on my MPI tape already, so glad I have those! Looking forward to more pics of Craig Slocum on the montage. Like LarasBestBuddy said, he ain't bad!  :-*
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2002, 04:52:18 PM »
Sorry, MB...no kudos from me.  

You pick the damnedest pictures of Willie.  What's he doing in this one?  He's got that thousand-yard-stare so highly prized on show dogs at the Westminister Show!!!

No, wait, maybe he's about to sing the National Anthem?

Never mind....the REALLY annoying thing is that Mad Man's headstone in the middle of the montage!!!  What do we have to do?  Sprinkle salt on his grave?  >:(

Raineypark
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2002, 05:46:33 PM »
Yes Cheryl!!  I thought of you right away when I saw Craig's picture up there. :)

Same here.

I think it's nice that you love and remember Craig Slocum.  :)
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2002, 08:21:32 PM »
Sorry, MB...no kudoos from me.  

You pick the damnedest pictures of Willie.  What's he doing in this one?  He's got that thousand-yard-stare so highly prized on show dogs at the Westminister Show!!!

Well, as long time visitors to our forums know, the guiding rule for the captures I pick for the montages is character, Character, CHARACTER. The captures illustrate some important moment for a character that's either coming up (as in the case of the weekend montages), took place that day (as in the weekday montages), or happened along the course of their journey throughout the series (as in the farewell retrospective montages). Not every important moment is pretty (though I actually think Karlen looks pretty good in this weekend's capture :)), nor would we want them to be because that would mean the stories being told are without conflict.
You also have to realize that the captures I have to choose from are taken completely at random from the episodes by a software program set to take captures at 6 second intervals over the course of however many episodes might be running on Sci-Fi in a given week. The results can range anywhere from 195 to 250 captures an episode, but there's still only a certain set of close-up shots per character to choose from for a weekend montage. And then factor in that only a certain type of close-up shot can be used so that each character's capture from a given week's worth of episiodes has the same relative dimensions, and that limits the choices even further. [winkb]

However, if were you, I'd be more grateful for the captures I choose not to use rather than the ones I do - say like this capture of Willie from episode #536 (coming up on Tuesday):

Even you must admit that the capture I chose to use for Willie is more flattering than that one. [lghy]

the REALLY annoying thing is that Mad Man's headstone in the middle of the montage!!!  What do we have to do?  Sprinkle salt on his grave?  >:(

Well, your first tip off that we hadn't seen the last of Lang should have been when there was no farewell message in the montage containing the scenes of his death. [wink2]

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2002, 09:48:53 PM »
Personally, I think Willie looks pretty good in the montage.  And Professor Stokes has a nice older Brando vibe goin' on... 8)

Also: Clarice Blackburn & Craig Slocum really do--to an alarming degree--look like mother & son!
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2002, 01:40:57 AM »

>:(

Raineypark

Isn't that the scene where Cassandra hypnotizes him on the terrace? He does look like he's staring into those gorgeous blue eyes of hers.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2002, 08:25:59 AM »

I appreciate whatever pics I come across of Craig Slocum, there's just not enough of him, hard to come by! Scout75, I will have to examine whether or not I think Clarice Blackburn and Craig Slocum look like Mother and son. I don't notice her that much because I am fixated on him. My favorite scene of theirs is the one where she accused him of stealing food from the kitchen. That was funny!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2002, 08:35:27 AM »
Scout75, I will have to examine whether or not I think Clarice Blackburn and Craig Slocum look like Mother and son.

Craig_Slocum:

Check out those side-by-side pix in the montage!

Yikes!  You know...in a good way. :)