Author Topic: a few things to do in brooklyn  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
Re: a few things to do in brooklyn
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 02:28:08 AM »
OMG, the hotel restaurant-- when service was good, everything else was enjoyable.  But when service was bad... on Friday night, our party had to wait over an hour for our food.  On Saturday, a firend had to find the manager to get service, then again to get his check.  I stopped eating there altogether.
Would it be safe to say the service we got at White Castle was much better Midnite?  Love them sliders, but it would be nice if they could clean a table or two off every now and then. ;) ;D
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »
You SAID it, Midnite!
Couldn't agree with you more. Breakfast wasn't a problem because the restaurant had a buffet. You were pretty much shit out of luck for any other meal.

Supposedly, hotels make money off conventions when the participants use hotel services, such as the bar and restaurant. There's no telling how much money the Marriott could've made and didn't because they didn't turn over tables fast enough and people got fed up after one bad experience and sought food elsehwere. You can't say we didn't try.  ;)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2006, 02:46:59 AM »
Supposedly, hotels make money off conventions when the participants use hotel services, such as the bar and restaurant. There's no telling how much money the Marriott could've made and didn't because they didn't turn over tables fast enough and people got fed up after one bad experience and sought food elsehwere. You can't say we didn't try.  ;)

No kidding!  Oh well, the Marriot's loss was Eamon Doran's gain!  If they go back to this hotel in 2008, let's just hope this place is still around and still as great!   ;D
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2006, 02:53:12 AM »
LOL, Bob.  I didn't order any food there and STILL got better service.  :P

Sweetie, sorry, but we don't accept off-topic attachments.  We store attachments indefinitely and prefer to dedicate the space and bandwidth to DS-related pics so that we can continue to offer visitors without access to their own storage space a way to add images to their posts.