Author Topic: Together Forever.... maybe not  (Read 642 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Together Forever.... maybe not
« on: September 19, 2002, 02:37:37 AM »
You know, when Quentin and Beth first appeared to Amy and David, this was the ONLY time we EVER see their ghosts TOGETHER.

It's too bad they didn't get to interact more. I wish they HAD shown more of the ghosts than they did. Not seeing them was spooky as the audience is forced to use their imagination, but the two were damn spooky enough on screen!

It's also too bad they didn't get this far on the 91 series. I LOVE how they "mainfested" Sarah's ghost, they could have done a lovely job on Quentin and Beth. Especially since Adrian Paul was going to play Quentin! (on the MPI released video that went "Behind the Scenes" of the "Revival" series, during a conference of some sort Adrian Paul does say that he was slated to play Quentin if the series continued futhur than it did.)  Ahh! What a lost oppurtunity!

~Arashi

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
Re: Together Forever.... maybe not
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 10:38:54 PM »
Arashi,

Concerning DC's apparent decision to only occasionally show the ghosts of Beth and Quentin together, I guess it's a case of less is more, and more is less.

The great film director Howard Hawks believed that it was more frightening to only briefly show the so-called "Thing" in the sci-fi classic, "The Thing From Another World."

Bob the Bartender, who believes that actor Bob O'Connell (Saloon Proprietor Bob Rooney) had more lines in one scene as a doorman in the incredibly schmaltzy "Love Story," than Mr. O'Connell had in an entire year's worth of Dark Shadows episodes!