Author Topic: I Never Sang (Or Cried) For My Man-Made Monster!  (Read 662 times)

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
I Never Sang (Or Cried) For My Man-Made Monster!
« on: July 25, 2002, 05:00:27 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

That was some heck of an exciting second episode yesterday.  What an unrestrained  display of mucho machoism, as Adam and Jeff Clark tore up the scenery/laboratory  (literally and figuratively!)

Fortunately, the measured, dispassionate and cooly logical Prof. T. Elliot Stokes was there to lend a much-needed calming presence to the ongoing mayhem.

By the way, did you hear Adam (wallowing in self-pity) complain to the learned Stokes that, if he, Adam, died that night, that there would be no one to mourn for him?  Horse Hockey!!!  Carolyn would surely mourn Adam's passing, and so would Nicholas Blair.  (However, not for the same heartfelt reasons that Carolyn would cry for the big lug.)

Adam's self-pitying "complaint" to Prof. Stokes reminds me of an old Irish joke.   This tight-fisted, misanthropic Ebeneezer Scrooge-like old guy named "Sean" finally passes away after ninety years of unrelenting, crabby life.

At the guy's funeral mass (which is being attended by the village's entire population only under threat of excommunication by the village priest, Fr. Golden), the beleagured prelate does his best to eulogize poor "Sean."

Near the end of the mass, Fr. Golden asks his parishioneers, if any one of them would like to say some final, kind words for their dear, departed brother, "Sean"?....... Nothing, but dead silence.  You could hear the proverbial pin hit the floor.  Finally, to Fr. Golden's immense relief, one guy raises his hand in the back of the church and says: "Yeah, his brother was worse!"

Sincerely,

Bob the Bartender, who reminds you all, that the love you take is equal to the love you make.  Right, Ringo?

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: I Never Sang (Or Cried) For My Man-Made Monster!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 05:40:49 PM »
Dear Fellow Dark Shadows Fans,

That was some heck of an exciting second episode yesterday.  What an unrestrained  display of mucho machoism, as Adam and Jeff Clark tore up the scenery/laboratory  (literally and figuratively!)

As I watched that scene, BTB, I wondered how many fans were cheering Adam on to victory? [hello] I was hoping for one good solid punch to the jaw, ala Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots! (Hey you knocked my block off!)...

Dom

PS - Did y'all catch that scene on Ringo's TV set?