Author Topic: Original DS to be on Horror Channel??  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Original DS to be on Horror Channel??
« on: June 17, 2004, 06:37:06 AM »
On the Horror Channel Forums at http://www.horrorchannel.com/forums/index.php people are asking if the Horror Channel will air the original DS, and the moderator responds quite frequently with a thumbs up smiley icon -- can we interpet that to mean they've already purchased the rights to air it and it will definitely be on their schedule when they go on the air??  Does anyone know???

Offline Misa

• Full Poster
  • Is that you, Mr. Juggins?
    • View Profile
Re: Original DS to be on Horror Channel??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 06:58:09 AM »
Know idea, maybe they are considering it, or are in negotions.

Misa

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 07:23:59 AM »
On the Horror Channel Forums at http://www.horrorchannel.com/forums/index.php people are asking if the Horror Channel will air the original DS, and the moderator responds quite frequently with a thumbs up smiley icon -- can we interpet that to mean they've already purchased the rights to air it and it will definitely be on their schedule when they go on the air??

Besides the thumbs up posts-- http://www.horrorchannel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1756 -- these are the only official responses about DS that I was able to find on their forums:

http://www.horrorchannel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1782
"We're working on it! Don't worry!" (June 16)

http://horrorchannel.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=31334#31334
"We'll be very sure to look into it." (June 1)
"We're working very hard to please you guys!  That's a promise!" (June 16)

I don't know, Mary-- judging by these comments, it just doesn't sound definite to me.

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 07:55:11 AM »
In addition to the posts Midnite noted, there was a recent online chat (June 2) during which the CEO of the channel stated, "We have been evaluating the original Dark Shadows as [a] potential staple for our launch lineup." Full transcript is here:

http://www.creature-corner.com/columns/chatnickpsaltos.php3

Someone may have posted about this on another thread because the question that was actually posed was whether or not the channel would try to acquire the new series. Apologies if I'm repeating info.

I would imagine that any concrete developments on this front would be announced rather quickly via an SG email update.  :)

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Mary

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 06:20:27 AM »
Thanks, Midnite and MsCriseyde.  Sigh.  Pout.  (LOL!)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2004, 03:38:16 AM »
Since The Horror Channel has assured DS fans that they're making every effort to secure the rights to show the original series, I thought I'd pass along this message received from one of their site administrators.  It would be a darn shame if THC debuts with our beloved show in its lineup yet few fans are able to watch it.

Re:  The Horror Channel NEEDS YOU!

Sorry to bother you through e-mail! This is a reminder to visit this section of the website:
The Fans Let 'Em Hear it!

And please take the time to do what's necessary if you haven't already!

Thanks so much for your support!

--Uncle Creepy

FYI, the post appears in the petitions area of the Horror Channel's Forums.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2004, 04:46:20 PM »
This is strange.  This thread doesn't appear when I access "Current Talk."  I've tried a couple of times now a couple of hours apart.  The only way I saw this topic was that the subject appeared as the "most recent post" for Current Talk on the website's mainpage, and I was able to access the thread from there.

Anyway, I hope the Horror Channel has success; it would certainly seem like there would be enough viewers to make it so.  I was disappointed, though, when I read on their webpage that the channel would most likely be available only to digital cable subscribers.  I have a special deal through the building where I live for cable, and everyone gets the same thing, and it isn't digital.  Even if there were a way to individually get digital, I wouldn't be able to afford it.  So although I wish the Horror Channel the best and hope DS gets a permanent home there, it's going to be a little depressing personally ...  I signed the petition/request, nevertheless.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2004, 04:56:38 PM »
This is strange.  This thread doesn't appear when I access "Current Talk."  I've tried a couple of times now a couple of hours apart.  The only way I saw this topic was that the subject appeared as the "most recent post" for Current Talk on the website's mainpage, and I was able to access the thread from there.

OK, I figured it out -- this is an old archived thread ... although I'm not sure how/why that would be if the original message was only posted in June ... I thought each "grouping" of threads had many pages to it ... guess I haven't been paying attention lately if this has changed.   ::)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995