Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0844  (Read 1246 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0844
« on: August 26, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »

Offline alwaysdavid

• Senior Poster
  • My journey is beginning,
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0844
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 03:40:47 AM »
Tate kills the creation and is disappears.  Tim comes up with some wild plot to create an army to serve Petofi, who is already Charles master.  If only it had taken this long to resolve the Adam storyline.   
KLS returns looking more beautiful than ever and unlike Rachel seems to have an interesting past.  If KLS hadn't left the show, what would have happened to Rachel? and would there have been a Lady Hampshire?  Perhaps another take on a Dickens classic would have occured.  One can see where this is leading. Barnabas sees her is taken with her beauty and says he's found her again.  No mention of his recent fling with the last image of Josette.   She asks why Barnabas's portrait was moved and flashed on it and earlier she mentioned, "I decided to come home."  Maybe Barnabas is right this time. Petofi states, "Barnabas Collins must die!"  It was very chilling.   Once the Tate mess was out of the way, things started to pick up. 
you know there's a whole wing that's closed off all the time; the west wing, I go there lots of times

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »
Oh, I loved the unnamed created guy episodes.    Egad, he didn't exist, now he's standing there in a suit looking right at us!    Experiencing birth trauma in a three-piece!
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »
Apparently with KLS it's out of sight, out of mind. How amazing that they forgot how to spell her name after she'd only been off the canvas for three months:

[ghost_rolleyes]

But then, maybe it's not just in the fans' minds that KLS apparently took a backseat to other actresses on the show.  [ghost_undecided]

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 04:17:02 AM »
Too bad Petofi never realized what a perfect servant/slave he could have had with Tim. Tim really wanted to initiate himself to Petofi's good graces and was willing to do anything. I don't think Tim would have been so bad at screwing up orders, as Aristede has on more than one occasion. [hall2_wink]

Great to see KLS again, but here we go again, we have to deal with Barnabas' Josette fixation on another Josette look-alike. Sigh. [hall2_rolleyes]

Yes, Petofi declaring that Barnabas must be killed was very chilling, and what's worse, he expected Quentin of all people to do it! I think Petofi really enjoys bossing Quentin around, enjoys making cruel demands on him. Poor Quentin. [hall2_sad]

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 02:13:07 PM »
Tim wouldn't have been a perfect slave.  True, he probably wouldn't mess up the way Aristede did, but nor would he have been content with slave status as Aristede was.  Here he is today expecting to be Petofi's partner!  Like Petofi, I didn't see what Tim had to offer him.

I thought the disappearance of Tate's latest creation was very neatly handled.  It's a good thing Amanda didn't see it: she would have broken every window at the Collinsport Inn with her screaming.

They must have bought a half-dozen set of those plastic glasses; they're getting crushed all over the place.  But I think Thayer David handled it better today than he did last time.

Barnabas looked good in Quentin's room, all cagey and self-contained.  And then when he left, he opened wide the door to the hall, so anybody and everybody could see him!

It's good to see Kathryn Leigh Scott again, and I like the way Lady Hampshire wouldn't give Barnabas her name.  I hope KLS brought presents back for everybody from Africa.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2009, 01:06:30 PM »
I'm back! But I only have time to post about one episode. I actually watched 4 episodes about a month ago, but I haven't had a chance to post about them yet.  [hall2_rolleyes]

Major Milestones: [milestone]
1. Lady Hampshire/Kitty Soames made her first appearance in this episode.
2. It was revealed that Edward removed Barnabas's portrait.
3. IIRC, this was the first time Quentin saw the face on his portrait become scratched and bloody - but his face was unharmed!
4. It was revealed that Lady Hampshire and Count Petofi knew each other, and it was intimated that CP had something to do with Gerald's death (Lady Hampshire's husband).

I like Lady Hampshire. She had a lot more chutzpah than Rachel did.  [hall2_wink] One look at Barnabas, and she immediately had "flashes' of  Josette. Too bad.  [hall2_sad] It would have been nice to see her original plan go forward without Barnabas's influence. I have a feeling that Barnabas changed her (changed the past in yet another way) - Kitty probably wouldn't have [spoiler]turned into Josette[/spoiler] if Barnabas weren't there.

Things are looking pretty grim for Barnabas. Count P wants Quentin to kill him! [shkdg] Poor Quentin is being controlled by CP against his will. [cryg]

The whole army idea that Tim had for Count P reminded me of [spoiler]Nicholas wanting an army in the Adam storyline. The Leviathans could be considered an army, too, and Nicholas was involved with them, as well.[/spoiler]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 09:10:53 AM »
Welcome back, ER.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
Thanks, Magnus! [cheesyg]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]