Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0980  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Discuss - Ep #0980
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2010, 09:40:10 PM »
I don't recall Maggie going [spoiler]insane when she left. She was just leaving to get away from Roxanne from what I gather.[/spoiler]  As for Joel leaving I wish they would have let him leave town but it wouldn't have been as dramatic I suppose. I like to  [spoiler]think he and Maggie reunited![/spoiler]  I love PT personally as we get to see a lot of David Selby and some really interesting characters like Roger, Carolyn, and Will.  ;)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2010, 10:18:32 PM »
as much as i love the show, i think & will always think that they got carried away with time travel & the PT storylines as well.
now i'm not saying that no good stories came out of it. they did. 1897 is the best by far. even if i wish if  it was shorter than half a freakin year!  it's been awhile since i saw how Maggie [spoiler]left. but she did go back to Wyncliff where she had been previous

for when Barnabas tried to make her his bride & than later on try to kill her.[/spoiler] i think near the end of the show they should
but one storyline i wish they had thought of doing is 'The Invisible man" that one they missed. they did "Wolf Man",

Frankenstein" Vampires, witches, Warlocks. i think there were a couple more they missed though i just can't think of what they are at the moment. it also would have been nice if they had talked  "Alexandra M. Isles"  to come back & let Vicki

know who her family is? even if it was just  a short storyline i could live with that. one thing i didn't like the end of is how they would have ended the show if they were able to, you know that Article that i think & believe "Sam Hall" put in Tv

Guide i believe in i think October or (1971) where Roger gets killed by our favorite Witch.  & i forget the rest of the article said at the moment. but some of it i didn't like how they would have ended it if they were given the chance. & some of it i

did like.  Barnabas Getting Cured & marrying Julia that i don't mind. but anyways, i do agree that it does feel like near the end they were starting to run out of idea's by than. even if they weren't cancelled than i don't think they would have

lasted much longer anyways, perhaps a year or two cause they had started to repeat themselves at that point. & when

shows do that it usually means they have run out of idea's. & The Quality is starting to Decline. what do you think?

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2010, 10:23:53 PM »
Soaps constantly repeat themselves - or at least tell similar stories in slightly different ways. That's always been and probably always will be the nature of the genre. Though that's not quite a discussion for this particular topic because this topic is devoted to discussing Ep #980, and any ongoing discussions about anything other than Ep #980 would be going too far OT. But, of course, that doesn't mean other topics can't be created to discuss them.  [ghost_wink]