Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0491  (Read 1041 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0491
« on: March 03, 2008, 07:46:04 PM »

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Discuss - Ep #0491
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 01:26:52 PM »
As a watched the repeat of the end of yesterday's episode, I was quite impressed with the way Robert Rodan did not blink as Barnabas was talking.  And after that, Robert Rodan's performance as a whole was impressive - the totally uncalculated emotional response to everything.

I had my doubts, though about something the script had him do: feel his own lips when Barnabas talked.  How did Adam know that he had lips?  The immediate assumption that he himself was a creature similar to Barnabas had no basis in his own knowledge of himself, because he had never looked in a mirror.

The scene with Barnabas, Julia, and Elizabeth was fun.  You know there are questions going through Elizabeth's head about Barnabas and Julia because of the look she gives them, but I don't think we ever hear what her conclusions are.  I suppose, in the end, she's too worried about David to think about Barnabas and Julia much, but she's no fool, and she has to have wondered why the dawn should matter to anybody.   And has Elizabeth ever seen Barnabas in his control freak mode?

What a wonderful ending to the episode!  The world's going to come to an end because Adam cut his hand.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »
(a) ...the totally uncalculated emotional response to everything.

(b) I had my doubts, though about something the script had him do: feel his own lips when Barnabas talked.  How did Adam know that he had lips?

(c) What a wonderful ending to the episode!  The world's going to come to an end because Adam cut his hand.

(a)  Ever wish you could get back to that state?

(b)  Could it be that Adam feels the link to Barnabas at that moment... Barnabas speaks, then Adam automatically feels something in his lips?

(c)  He's just a big baby... a very big one.   Worlds come to ends because of small things like that all the time, probably.   (Ask Tony Soprano's sister)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:23:25 PM »
(a) No.  Never.  Too risky.

(b) Oh, nice!  It's the only possible explanation.

(c) Yeah, I know.  But I never watched the Sopranos.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:26:11 AM »
I liked the end of the last show better than the beginning of this one. I think it was a blooper. Barnabas didn't say that they both were alive when they repeated the scene the second time around. [signerror]

Robert Rodan did a fantastic job portraying a child! I loved it! In a way, he was kinda cute. [snow_wink] Of course, Adam was also very scary, because of his size and strength! Barnabas and Julia didn't know what to make of them! They are now the unwitting "parents" of this creature! [snow_wow]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2] 
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 04:39:30 AM »
Adam was better before he spoke.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

IluvBarnabas

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
Adam was better before he spoke.

SPOILER ALERT:

Adam was better before he ever laid eyes on Nicholas Blair. Of course Adam had no way of knowing Nicholas was Satan's henchman, but once Eve came along, and Nicholas started making excuses to delay their departure, I think Adam did start to get a bit suspicious of him without realizing it. Once Adam learned Eve never really loved him, that's when he lost his faith in Nicholas totally I think.

Adam did seem more innocent when he first came alive, but then so are babies. At this point that's all Adam was, really....albeit a heck of a lot taller.

I loved how Barnabas quickly realized Cassandra was behind David's condition and it makes sense. After all, she did do the same thing to Ben as Angelique back in 1795.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:36:16 PM »
Adam stopped growing after he could speak.    Instead of reading and beginning to work his way toward having some interesting thoughts and a perspective on life, he fell into a continual habit of complaining to Carolyn, complaining to Barnabas, complaining to Nicholas.   They were simple complaints too... build me a mate, work faster... That supposedly great brain could have started to show itself.    The only justification for a Frankenstein storyline would have been seeing Adam's perspective grow.   They needed to expand on the Frankenstein story instead of just throwing it into DS as the "next monster".