Author Topic: Angelique's Personal Timeline  (Read 4736 times)

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Angelique's Personal Timeline
« on: February 06, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »
Someone, please set me straight on this, if it's possible.    We know of many events in Angelique's life... but what order did they happen in, from her perspective?     I suppose she was born somewhere, somehow, but I'm not even sure if [spoiler]her death in 1840 is the last event in her life.

Birth... Massachussetts?
Judah's trial
Martinique (including her childhood, according to Natalie!)
Collinsport 1795

Here's where I have no clue.

Death in 1795
Ghost
Physical vacating of grave
Ressurrection by Blair... when?
Cassandra in 1968
Vampelique in 1968
Follows Barnabas to 1897??? (I just realized I still don't know early 1897, and so I don't know the explanation for her being there, and I don't want it spoiled.  So I really shouldn't have started this thread yet, but I've done too much typing to quit now.)
Mrs. Dweeb Rumson in 1970

Then what?

And how do we fit 1840 in...?   It seems to be different from the other appearances in that she just lived in a boring old straight line, time-wise, from 1795 to 1840, never having been to the future, yet.    All I can think is, she rose from her grave and lived physically for the next 45 years... and did Blair revive her then in 1795?    Or did Blair and she meet after 1840 (the "first time around"... without Barnabas out of the box), at which point she was sent to 1968?[/spoiler]
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Re: Angelique's Personal Timeline
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:52:21 PM »
Here's what I like to think her timeline is (note the spoiler icon above):

1. Born somwhere between 1770 and 1775 in Martinique.
2. Comes to Collinsport in 1795 w/ Josette.
3. Is killed in 1795/6 by Barnabas.
4. Breaks free from hell to go to 1968 to wreak havoc.
5. Becomes a vampire in 1968 at the hands of her "brother".
6. Turns Nicholas in to Diabolis, at which point she disappears (I think)
7. Turns up in 1897.
8. Returns to underworld while her alter-ego Alexis/Angelique/Alexis is having a grand ol' time in PT.
9. Pops up in 1840 when she learns of Barnabas' arrival.
10. Dies in 1840 having lived over 100 years (figure that one out!)

Most of this is the same as yours, Magnus, except that I omitted her days as Miranda because I always thought that Miranda was a previous incarnation of Angelique, and thusly not the same person. The same SOUL, but not person. If you'd like to include it for yourself, as you have, then I don't really see any harm in it.

I think her death in 1795 returned her to the underworld with D and Nick until 1968 when she probably begged for her release again so that she could torture Barnabas, since he was being all happy about life and junk. Then when she disappeared from 1897 she returned back to the underworld to watch as Nicky was tortured or whatever.

Could be wrong. Any other thoughts?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline adamsgirl

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:01:26 PM »
I omitted her days as Miranda because I always thought that Miranda was a previous incarnation of Angelique, and thusly not the same person. The same SOUL, but not person. If you'd like to include it for yourself, as you have, then I don't really see any harm in it.

I think her death in 1795 returned her to the underworld with D and Nick until 1968 when she probably begged for her release again so that she could torture Barnabas, since he was being all happy about life and junk. Then when she disappeared from 1897 she returned back to the underworld to watch as Nicky was tortured or whatever.

I disagree about Miranda. In fact, Angelique even explains how [spoiler]after cooperating with the authorities for Judah's witchcraft trial, she fled to Martinique in the 1690s.[/spoiler]

When she appears at Collinwood as Cassandra, it's logical to assume she was there to, as you said, torture Barnabas. In fact, when speaking to Nicholas, he instructs her [spoiler]to destroy Barnabas and warns her not to fall victim to her love for him.[/spoiler]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 06:09:48 PM »
The only problems I have w/your timeline is the fact that [spoiler]she has been going to the mausoleum since 1796-1840 because remember she's shocked that Barnabas is not there when she and Lazlo open the coffin.  She then sends him to CW to find out if B has presented himself to the 1840 family and what story he concocted to get his foot in the door.[/spoiler]

As for Miranda, I think that perhaps she WAS Miranda but then 'died' as Miranda and was 'reborn' Angelique in Martinique.
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 06:24:46 PM »
The previous timelines also skip a step between 1968 and 1897.

In 1968, she appeared to Liz again as Cassandra, then was delivered by her Master back to 1796 (as punishment for her activities in 1968; she told this to Barnabas), where she met up with Barnabas and begged him to stay in that time with her.  She was burned by Ben and spent 100 years in hell until she was summoned through the flames by Quentin and Evan in 1897-- the reason was, in the 1897 we see play out, to deal with Barnabas.  By now, she is one powerful witch.

This is an excellent topic on the subject.  It contains some marvelous theories for fitting 1840, and Miranda, into the equation:

Major flaw in the 1897 storyline

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »
Angelique in 1840 knew nothing about events in 1968, and had not experienced them yet.    Julia had to tell her they'd met in 1968... it was the future in every sense for Angelique.   Angelique when we first see her in 1840 had been visiting the mausoleum every year, I think, for a number of years.    I forget if it was some "anniversary" of theirs.   She would look at the casket and reflect in some way, and leave, and come back next year. She appears to have been living in the world for a long time, and seems totally "of" 1840.

Angelique didn't appear in 1840 because of Barnabas's arrival, because she didn't know about that when she showed up.  I forget whether it was 1840 Barnabas still who was up and about, or 1970 Barnabas in his old body, but Angelique was surprised to find he'd been unchained.    

Angelique's 1840 experiences have to take place (for her) before (her) 1968.    When she goes back to 1795 following Barnabas, I wondered if there were two of her at that point, one who came back from 1968, and another who had recently left her grave, and who would then live on until 1840.   Yes, she dies in 1840, but that's the kind of time-line rewriting they did over and over, without thinking of the consequences.     Somehow Angelique's 1968 (and therefore 1897 too... in that order?) experiences must come after 1840 for her.    

Could Blair and Ang had their encounter after she passed through 1840?

The "first time around", in an 1840 without time-travel interference, Angelique must have arrived to find a full casket as usual, with chains, and then just gone on her way, as in previous years.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:36:26 PM »
Sorry, I think 3 people perhaps posted while I was writing mine, and I didn't have it in me to rethink and rewrite.    I've been killing my eyes and brain enough this night/morning and have to stop.     Anyway, I had to scan past 1897 spoilers which do matter apparently, and I guess I forgot about Ang being burned in 1796 and apparently it's a straight line from there to 1897.  That's interesting.    More reason to think there are two of her at that point in 1796.

Are there a number of years she's forced to pass through twice?   

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 06:44:44 PM »
What about Ang during Leviathans? Or did I read thru this too fast?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 06:56:09 PM »
No need to apologize, MagnusTrask.

Dom, I think this is what you missed:

Mrs. Dweeb Rumson in 1970

I respectfully submit a very minor adjustment-- that even though we first see Angelique Rumson in January 1970, she would have had to have gone from 1897 to some unknown point in 1969 to allow enough time for her to establish a successful modeling career, fall in love <ugh> with Sky, and play house with him for months.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
If 1897 for Ang happened between 1968 and 1970, then why did she come to 1970 at all?   It wasn't for Barnabas, supposedly.    That's a really strange year to pick, to begin your new life in, 1970, and Maine, of all places.   I'm probably forgetting something.

They squandered several opportuntities with Ang, by having her timeline follow Barnabas's so closely, most of the time.    It was more interesting seeing an Angelique in 1840 who hadn't experienced events the viewers have already seen.    She should have simply lived through those centuries in a linear way, with Barnabas encountering her as a resident of 1897 and 1968.

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 07:06:27 PM »
In 1840, Angelique said [spoiler]she visited Barnabas' coffin every year.[/spoiler] Where was she in 1967 when he was let out of his coffin by Willie?  And in 1897, she had to be summoned therefore she wasn't free to be visiting his coffin every year.  I think somewhere during all these time travel excursions, parallel time was created but we never know it.[/color]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 07:08:02 PM »
Quote from: MagnusTrask
If 1897 for Ang happened between 1968 and 1970, then why did she come to 1970 at all?   It wasn't for Barnabas, supposedly.    That's a really strange year to pick, to begin your new life in, 1970, and Maine, of all places.   I'm probably forgetting something.

You really aren't, because we're not even told how Angelique got to 1969.  She may have wandered the Earth since 1897 (but without Barnabas or Quentin) or she may have time traveled to that year.  We do know that she remembers being Cassandra, and that she has given up her powers and wants nothing to do with Barnabas.  But a clue to her arrival may be her portrait that's on display at Rumsonwood.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
Ok, let's recap here:

According to everything that's been posted since my last post, this should be the semi-correct (fully correct, unless I omit things which I tend to do sometimes) timeline for Angelique:

In 1690 she's known as Miranda DuVal and accuses and helps bring Judah Zachary to justice. She travels to Martinique where she dies and then is reborn as Angelique, in the same country. While living here she meets Barnabas on a seafaring trip and they fall in love for a short time, only for Barnabas to leave her for Josette and then eventually head back to the homeland. Angelique arrives at Barn's doorstep in 1795 as Josettes maid. Barnabas kills Angelique in 1796 by shooting her. She is sent back to the underworld, or hell, or Haites, whichever, but returns each year on the anniversary of her death, their marriage, or some other such occurance (I like the idea of it being her death) and visits Barnabas's gravesite to be sure he's still locked up. She realizes in 1840 that he's not, and that whole deal ensues.**

From here, she disappears once again only to resurface in 1968 as Cassandra Blair Collins, inflicting her Dream Curse on those at Collinwood. She becomes a vampire after Nicholas shows up, and eventually turns him in, returning to the underworld AGAIN to watch him burn. When Barnabas shows up in 1897, Angelique is envoked by Quentin and Evan to go up against Barnabas. We know that this comes after the events of 1968 because Angelique and Julia know each other. When Barnabas travels back to 1796 again on his way to present time, Angelique is killed by Ben Stokes. Now, this is either a doppleganger, or Angelique followed from 1897, which I prefer to believe, fully knowing that Barnabas would try to get Josette yet again.

Here's where the tricky part comes in:

Angelique shows up in 1970 as Mrs. Rumson. We know she's been there for quite some time, because, as others have mentioned, she's had sufficient time to set up a modeling career, court and fall in love with Skylar, and get married. So, there are a couple of solutions to this:

1. After she followed Barnabas back to 1796 to stop his reuniting with Josette again, she goes back to the present, but not the same present that Barnabas arrives in. No, she goes back a few months earlier than that to allow herself time to fall in love with Sky and become established. But, this doesn't make too much sense because how would she have known that she was going to meet and fall in love with Sky? Unless, and this thought just occured to me, her master became angry with her for following Barnabas back to 1796 to mess with him and Josette again, when she was most likely ordered to only to the bidding of Quentin and Evan, to complete the mission she was called there for. Not to mention that Diablois most likely had a hand in the Leviathan fiasco since Nicholas came along to be grand master flash of the whole operation.

2. When Barnabas took the travel through time route back to the present when he was captured by the Leviathans, they in fact put him into a parallel time where they had already put their plans in motion. In this time, 1968/9 PT, Angelique left Collinsport but did NOT follow Barnabas back to 1897, if he even went in this time, but rather moved on with her life and became a famous model, allowing her to find Sky and marry him.

**The thing that is confusing about 1840 is that since it's established that Angelique moved directly to this time from 1795/6, then she would remmeber everything that happened here when she arrived in 1968. Thusly, she would remember professing her love for Barnabas and releasing him from her curse just before she died (again). But, it seems that in 1968 she did not remember this because she intended to cause pain to Barnabas. Not to mention the fact that Barnabas was a vampire in 1966 when he was released, and was NOT released from Angelique's curse. The only thing that would somewhat make the whole scenario make sense would be that because 1840 Angelique didn't know that she would later show up as CBC, she also didn't know that Barnabas would be attempting to woo Vicki and Maggie, or that Julia would be lusting after him so much. So, she arrived there to screw up those plans of his being happy because, as we all know very well, if Angelique can't have Barnabas, then no one can. And she couldn't very well have him because she was dead and had been dead since 1840.

So, this is all quite confusing. It seems that there are several dopplegangers for Barnabas and Angelique out there, or that several of the worlds that Barnabas returned to when he traveled through time were actually Parallel Times, and not the time he left. The only thing that makes me wonder about that theory is that if Barnabas did in fact return to a parallel time of his time, the events would have to be so closely related that the only thing that some of the characters had to make different decisions about would be whether to pee now or later and whether to eat steak or chicken. It seems unlikely, to me anyway, that the PT thing works because 1970PT was so different from 1970RT that it would seem that any other PT universe should be significantly different than the home universe that we all know. That doesn't have to be true, of course, but it would be in keeping with the tradition of the PTs that were shown in the show.

Anyone care to sit down and work out a Barnabas timeline, with all his body switching included?
Brandon Collins

Offline Jackie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dark_Shadows_Original_Series-1966-71
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 05:26:16 AM »
Anyone care to sit down and work out a Barnabas timeline, with all his body switching included?

Nah not me! LOL

But I wonder about something.  If Barnabas jumped into PT while time traveling how can Julia remember everything when she meets up with him later? Wouldn't her memory be different when Barnabas returns during the Leviathan storyline? And I'm also confused about Ben Stokes ... [spoiler]did he smoke Angelique twice, once when Barnabas went back to rescue Vicki and the second time when he followed Kitty/Josette into 1796?[/spoiler] This IS confusing.
[/color]
Robservations & slideshow every week day at
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Dark_Shadows_Original_Series/

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 05:34:46 AM »
If I remember correctly, [spoiler]he smoked her TWICE. Once when Barn went back to save Vicki and then again when he was being transported by the Leviathans back to the present. And I also forgot about when Trask tied CBC to the tree in the woods in 1968, but she didn't die from that.[/spoiler]
Brandon Collins