Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0934  (Read 2612 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0934
« on: February 11, 2010, 02:06:14 PM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0934
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 10:35:07 PM »
I would like to offer Quentin Collins my sincerest congratulations on his tragic loss of Albatross Harris... I mean, Amanda.

Megan's a carpenter!   She's taken to Naga-fondling.  And now introducing new Enlightened Self Interest Phillip...  The police do come...  Phillip thinks, we've got to have better weapons around than this hammer... and, if he kills the cop, the doctor can still run off and tell...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:26:04 AM »
Goodbye Amanda and good riddance! Does anyone like her??  LOL  That is what you get for trying to steal my husband anyhow!   

Did Dennis want to leave?  It seems like someone commented that he had another project to do or something and that is why he was killed off.   

I just love Marie as she is so flamboyant and dramatic!  Megan thanks the heavens and I scratch my head because I think the heavens had nothing to do with it Megan! ;) 

It is really sad to see the Todd's relationship deteriorate the way it does. 

I don't find Phillip as cold as Megan. She must be one of those who can truly be taken over by The L's! 
"Yes sir! Very dead!"  How is someone very dead? LOL 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 09:11:25 AM »
While yesterday's cliffhanger was being rerun at the beginning of today's episode, I had an epiphany: I finally understood why Amanda carried on so in the path from death to life.  She was being brought back from death!  I daresay there was something in her that was fighting hard against it.  And so she screamed, and so Quentin didn't scream, because he hadn't died, and so Quentin was patient and loving with her because he understood what was going on.  Quentin is a better person than I am, and yet he sees something different in his portrait.

Golly, what a scene with Philip and Megan!  She's crossed over a line.  I'm betting we'll never again see her looking back and saying, "We used to be so different!"  She's all Leviathan now.  But she'll never make True Leviathan.

I was surprised that Philip stuck around instead of getting as far away from Collinsport as he could.  Granted, the current crisis passed when Paul Stoddard died, but it's obvious there's going to be more trouble.  I suppose it's hard for him to face the fact that he's lost everything - and in such a very short time!  Way back before Philip and Megan were roped into the Leviathan plan, I criticized Christopher Bernau's acting, but I liked his performance today.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 01:27:15 PM »
Certain fans' (and you certainly know who you are [wink2]) favorite moment from the entire series:

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2010, 06:23:11 PM »
More like most satisfying moment. :D

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 12:34:09 AM »
So long sad times
Go long bad times
We are rid of you at last....

Happy days are here again

(edited by admin)
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »
Especially since much of their appearance was merely a replay from the previous week's work, neither Selby nor McKechnie got a lot of camera time here.  DM has written and spoken about how she was abandoned beneath the peat moss as the lights were turned off and everyone else rushed off to shoot the next scene, which I found amusing to think about as I watched the rest of the episode.  Yes, I'm easily entertained.  (Her autobiography has her dressed in a wig and period dress for the scene-- an example of faulty memory.)

Also underutilized in the ep-- Professor Stokes. :(  His phone is now the one that says Collinsport 4099, which was established long ago to be Collinwood's phone number, and while it's been shown that the Collinses do not have exclusive rights to the number, Stokes doesn't even live in Collinsport.

Just in case anyone doubts that Davenport is now the man in charge, he has a nifty patch that says "Sheriff" sewn to his left sleeve.
Davenport:  "I don't know what to say either except to say that he died horribly.  I've never seen ... a corpse that looked like that."
Like what?  Slimy?  A little singed?  Davenport must be new to the area, because how bad can the corpse of a sickly man look compared to bodies torn apart or drained of blood?

Philip to Megan:  "Oh, he's the one who's strong, resourceful, and ruthless, while I'm none of those things. I'M JUST PLAIN SCARED."
Love it, love it, love it.

Davenport:  "It seems that someone mentioned what we believe to be your shop in his dying words."
Philip:  "Who was that?"
Davenport:  "Paul Stoddard."
Philip:  "Carolyn's father? Is he dead?"
Davenport:  "Yes sir. Very dead."
It seems that on DS, there are 3 Stages of Death:  Dying, dead, and very dead.  [laughing11]

Did Dennis want to leave?  It seems like someone commented that he had another project to do or something and that is why he was killed off.

It seems to me that killing Paul was the inevitable next step anyway.  But despite some big hints that he would be returning as a ghost to haunt his murderer, he wasn't available because he was working on the movie "Joe."  Amanda (if you care ;)) was killed off because she was leaving, as rehearsals for Company were about to start.

How is someone very dead? LOL

I think it's like being just a little pregnant.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 10:24:00 PM »
Amanda (if you care ;)) was killed off because she was leaving, as rehearsals for Company were about to start.

Shame on you! It was devastating for EVERYONE in the audience when Amanda died!! I'm sure hundreds picketed the studio and the fan mail flooded with thousands of letters demanding her return!!

[vryevl]  [lghy]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 01:12:49 AM »
Sheenasma never got over it.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 06:10:17 AM »
(edited by admin)

Why?  You edited out my only joke line.

I thought it had to be "Joe" DP left DS for.   I came across it in a cut-out bin at Walgreens.   It's Susan Sarandon's first film.  

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 06:31:54 AM »
Sorry about that, but the boards don't accept filk songs, and all the rest was your lyrics.

Role playing and Fan fiction / REPOST

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2010, 06:38:47 AM »
I'm a filk song writer now!   I'll put that on the resume...   Actually only the first line you cut was mine, the other two came from Googling the song lyrics.   I'll keep the anti-filk restriction in mind.  I didn't know.

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2010, 03:09:15 AM »
Amanda Harris was spoiled, not my favorite person, but was she every going to be a continuing character.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 02:38:23 PM »
I like Donna very much as an actress and person from what I gather she wrote me a sweet non generic note when I joined her facebook page; however I just cannot stand the character she was playing!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/