Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0933  (Read 1088 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0933
« on: February 10, 2010, 08:49:01 AM »

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
Re: Discuss - Ep #0933
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 11:54:50 AM »
I certainly wouldn't want Quentmanda in... purgatory? to be anyone's introduction to DS.   They might never watch again.   Amanda is shrill and annoying in a crisis.   Oh, how scary it all is, Quentin!   We are in such danger!!   Oh, how will we survive?!   Whine whine whine.   Yes, be scared, but why keep saying so over and over?   She is definitely not a trouper!

I don't buy the idea of love just happening, for no reasons having to do with people's thoughts or feelings or interests, and the discussing of them.   Q and A are just "in love", and that's all there is to the relationship.   If that really happens, I suspect the phenomenon is a mile wide and an inch deep, as they say.

I guess Stoddard is "safe" now (according to Elliot) because of TES's elaborate security system!   Elliot's other room.... I keep thinking Adam's in there.   Good shock from Paul S, and it's effective when the camera cuts away abruptly right in the middle of his cries of horror.   When next we see him, he's unexpectedly dead.   Poor Paul, his is a very sad story.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Lydia

• The Tattooed Lady
  • FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »
I think Paul Stoddard and Amanda Harris were twin souls.  Both fell apart in a crisis.  Gosh, didn't Paul Stoddard look awful as he sat there in Stokes's living room!

I charitably decided that Amanda has a great fear of heights, and that's why she was so impossible at the bridge, and why she couldn't remember to keep her hands on the rope railing.  As for the other screaming she did, well, I guess she has a great fear of everything else, too.  If I were Quentin, I'd have left her screaming in the underworld rather than be stuck with her for eternity, but he still loved her and wanted her.  There's something real there, but I don't understand it.

Megan seems to have turned into the Leviathan High Priestess.  And golly, has nobody told her that Paul is supposed to deliver the goods when the Great Serpentine Hope takes a wife?  I'm imagining fantastic mother-in-law/daughter-in-law quarrels afterward between Megan and Carolyn.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 09:06:42 AM »
This has been a very loooooong night….but hey this is a soap!  LOL….that spider is cracking me up and very HIGHlarious!   The actors really had to have a hell of an imagination. 

Marie does a good job of playing a “COLD BITCH!”  and she doesn't evoke EVE (at least to me) at all!   

“Oh God do I wanna hold you!”  Oh Quentin sweetie thanks for saying that to me! You are the best.

Oh how lovely Q’s shirt has come unbuttoned…love his chest.  Six minutes left and no GH! I bet you a hundred bucks she is puffing on the sidelines!  HA!  This episode is HIGH DRAMA!  I think the sets are well done for 1970! 

This is by far the grossest monster ….slithering, slimy and smelly!  Seven players in this episode which is rare!

(edited by admin)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »
Quentin:  "We must not touch."
It's an interesting obstacle that was surmounted nicely by the lovers in Pushing Daisies (using dish gloves and cellophane) and is also oddly reminiscent of a certain love scene in The Naked Gun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YFC0O393DQ). [wink2]

Quentin:  "Don't struggle. Stand still. Stay still."
Amanda (stuck in web):  "I can't."
OMG, what is wrong with this woman?!!
The idea that love sometimes requires an act of heroism is a good one, but Amanda is so constantly annoying throughout that I suspect this is the episode that caused me to turn DS off in 1970 and sign up for a high school activity with daily after-school practices.

I thought this was hilarious!--
Megan (about Paul):  "Now you said it would be best if he were dead."
Phillip:  "I didn't say that. You did."
Megan:  "Oh no matter. It's true."

I guess Stoddard is "safe" now (according to Elliot) because of TES's elaborate security system!   Elliot's other room.... I keep thinking Adam's in there.
[lghy]

Julia to Stokes:  "Paul Stoddard is dead."
And you didn't have to play the episode backwards to hear it!

At least one thing went right for Paul-- if he'd died a few hours earlier, he would have crossed paths with Amanda in Mr. Best's hotel.

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 11:31:40 PM »
Maybe that's where the Paul is Dead rumors started....
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 11:33:31 PM »
At least one thing went right for Paul-- if he'd died a few hours earlier, he would have crossed paths with Amanda in Mr. Best's hotel.

[lghy]