Author Topic: Marley Shelton in Scream 4  (Read 1320 times)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Marley Shelton in Scream 4
« on: July 01, 2010, 06:07:07 PM »
As you know she was in the WB 2004 DS pilot. She was just added to the Scream 4 cast.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/06/scream-4-sees-brody-shelton-and-knudsen-as-fresh-meat-exclusive.html

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Marley Shelton in Scream 4
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »
How wild - not five minutes ago I was reading an article about the film's recent cast changes and she and Erik Knudsen weren't even mentioned. But then, this is a Hollywood Reporter "exclusive."  [ghost_wink]

I was looking forward to this film because I like the three previous ones - but all the recent upheaval because of so many script changes has me wondering what the hell is going on? (And supposedly Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox and David Arquette aren't exactly happy with the changes either.)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 12:00:19 AM »
I don't know how I feel with the whole thing in general!  I saw some new pics from the2004 pilot that made me wanna cry.  They were in Jeff Thompson's books.  I love Marley though she cracked me up in Grindhouse with her floopy numb hands! LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 04:45:51 AM »
They seem to be winging it with the cast right before filming. I guess that is fairly typical but the script better be a good one especially if they plan on filming two additional films. Regarding the three stars-is anyone of them going to live to the next sequel? Maybe the recent script changes prevents them from returning for the next Scream film.

OT I hope they make available some of the props/items from the DS 2004 pilot at the Fest auction IE... paintings, director's chairs etc... I don't remember if some were previously available at past Fests.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 05:28:49 PM »
'Scream 4' drafts new scribe for rewrites The article mentions Marley Shelton and goes into the problems. (Considering how good Kevin Williamson's Scream scripts were (not to mention his recent work on The Vampire Diaries), and how his involvement is what got this Scream reboot going in the first place, who knows why the hell they feel they had to change things? But that's Hollywood.  ::))

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 02:20:33 AM »
Wow there certainly appears to be trouble on the set as you indicated. They certainly had enough time in pre-production to decide whether the script was ok or not. Hollywood.
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=15715

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
Shelton at Scream 4 premiere

Reviewers seem to like her oddball performance.  One called her Deputy Hicks "sublimely daffy."  Another-- "fantastically crazy-eyed."

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2011, 05:14:33 PM »
Saw Scream last night.  My friend happend to be in and we really enjoyed it.  It was inventive, updated, fun, a lot scarier and totally twisted.  I would have never guessed the killer in a million years.....happy about the reboot.  Marley was hysterical. She was like a female version of Dewey in the early films.  Loved her! Great comedic actress...
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »
Some great pix - thanks for sharing the link, Midnite.  [snow_smiley]

And I'm happy to hear that you liked the film, Taeylor. Back when all that initial upheaval was being reported, I was a bit worried about how it was going to turn out. But word has been much more positive lately. And it's even better to hear from someone who's actually seen the film and enjoyed it.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 11:07:02 AM »
After her turn in Grindhouse (she is amazing in that movie and so freaking funny) I was totally excited about seeing her in this. I still maintain just what I seen I would have loved her as Victoria.  Alas......

MB--Thanks! I am glad you value my opinon. I think Kevin Willamsion (The Vampire Diaries producer and writer as well for those who may not know) really set the bar for how one should reboot a franchise.  I loved it.  Scream Three is my favorite but I am going to say this is my second favorite. He honored the audience who had been there from the beginning as well as well as he moved the story forward.  The core cast wasn't turned into furniture.  They were vital and a big part.  Just loved it.  Sorry for gushing...