Author Topic: Discuss - Ep #0862  (Read 350 times)

Watching Project

Discuss - Ep #0862
« on: January 14, 2015, 06:14:11 PM »
Robservations #862

And if you'd care to look back, the first WP discussion topic for this ep:
Re: Discuss - Ep #0862

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:04:41 PM »
Joan B VO.  Thayer as Quentin says "Most disturbing..." (to Kitty on Windows Hill)... just one example of the many things he says that Quentin wouldn't. 

Welcome back, Evan Hanley.  Thayer-Quentin convinces him, and I have to wonder at these moments why Evan takes such risks.  It's a long shot, and total disaster if they fail to reverse the bodyswap.  If it succeeds, it's still a disaster unless they somehow kill Petofi in his own body, as soon as he's back in it.  Petofi is unharmed if it fails or succeeds, and will want revenge.
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 04:17:07 PM »
Tim Gordon, who has played many ghosts and disembodied hands on the show, finally gets his only lines in all of his 31 appearances.

Evan Hanley (welcome back, HAA!) apparently favors yellow stationery. See a letter from him on Judith's desk prompts QPetofi to ask for his help. Waving the "hand" in Evan's face is enough to get his attention, and QPetofi tells him to test his (QP's) veracity by going to Collinwood--the real Petofi (living there as Quentin) has never met Evan. QPetofi hides on Evan's balcony while Judith very cleverly "persuades" Evan to get back the power of attorney she signed, presumably so she can tear it up.

Petofi has never met Judith either, and PQuentin nearly blows his cover when he meets her in the drawing room. She warns the man she thinks is her brother that there are going to be some changes made, then orders him to answer a knock at the door. The visitor is Evan, with Judith's power of attorney. While Judith gloats over the now-invalid document, Evan says quietly, I’ll see you at my house at nine, right? Nine? PQuentin asks, with no idea what Evan is talking about. Have you forgotten about the meeting? Evan whispers. It just slipped my mind for a second, PQuentin replies with a smile. Evan asks again, Are you still showing up? You haven’t made other plans, have you? I’ll be there, PQuentin assures him. You seem preoccupied, Evan observes. I will need to get used to Judith’s being back, PQuentin replies. Well, Evan replies as he prepares to leave, the meeting tonight should make you forget all about your problems. Yes, PQuentin agrees as he closes the front doors after him. Having gotten his proof of QPetofi’s story, Evan leaves PQuentin rattled and angry at meeting two strangers in quick succession.

At 8:57, QPetofi is at Evan’s house and glances at the clock on the mantel to check the time. Evan emerges from the bedroom and announces, Everything is ready--he should be here any minute. Will the ceremony work? QPetofi asks worriedly. There is always a chance of failure, Evan reminds him, and we both know it. Do you know what you must do? Yes, QPetofi replies. Don’t make your move until he is seated in that chair, Evan reminds him, pointing to a chair at the head of the ceremonial table. I understand, QPetofi replies. When PQuentin knocks, QPetofi conceals himself. [How does Petofi know where Evan lives? Perhaps he consulted his magical TV cabinet.] Evan opens the front door to admit PQuentin. This is a pleasant surprise, Evan observes. You’re right on time when you’re usually the last one here. Oh, PQuentin replies, will wonders never cease? They share a brief laugh. Suddenly uneasy, PQuentin asks, Who else is here? Just my valet, Evan answers. How many others will be here? PQuentin asks. Half a dozen, Evan replies, adding, and I have quite a surprise for you--we want _you_ to lead the meeting! How interesting, PQuentin remarks, not best pleased. You should be quite honored, Evan tells him. Oh, I am, PQuentin replies. Evan leads him to the head of the table, remarking, You’ll look quite impressive. PQuentin seats himself, and Evan starts lighting the black candles on the table. I hope I won’t be a disappointment, PQuentin says wryly. I haven’t had as much practice in the Black Arts as you have. While they continue their chitchat, QPetofi slips out of the back room with a chloroform-soaked cloth. As he steps noiselessly toward QPetofi, Evan reminds “Quentin,“ You have see me perform this ceremony countless times. Yes, PQuentin replies, but this is the first time in a very long time. QPetofi steps behind PQuentin and slams the cloth onto his face. As PQuentin begins to struggle, QPetofi shouts to Evan, Keep his hands down! Evan holds PQuentin’s hands away from his face. Eventually PQuentin slumps forward unto the table, unconscious. Evan leans PQuentin back into a sitting position in the chair. I have no idea when the chloroform will wear off, he warns QPetofi, so we’d better start the ceremony right away. He finishes lighting the black candles....

Offline MagnusTrask

• * 100000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
  • u r summoned by the powers of everlasting light!
    • View Profile
    • The Embryo Room
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:06:24 AM »
I figure there was a moment in town where Selby-Petofi (I'm debuting that new solution of mine to keeping them straight here) asked some person for Hanley's address, who knew it, but didn't interact much with Collinses...
"One can never go wrong with weapons and drinks as fashion accessories."-- the eminent and clearly quotable Dark Shadows fan and board mod known as Mysterious Benefactor

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:35:29 PM »
I suspect it was on Evan's bright yellow letterhead, which Selby-Petofi discovered on the little writing desk in the drawing room. But it's fun to imagine him hanging out at the Blue Whale.